Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hot air issues
RE: Hot air issues
(03-29-2014, 10:33 AM)davek Wrote: I have just started with the Resmed S9 Austoset and Quattro mask. The unit also has a humidifier which I thought was a great idea until the first night I woke up with really hot air entering the mask. Later I turned humidifier off and it was much better. But I'm trying to get used to wearing this thing and last night it was discomforting every time I exhaled with hot air in the mask. Is this just something you have to deal with? Or is there a possible way to actually make the air colder entering the mask? Maybe a crazy idea but just wondered.

Thanks!
davek, Like you, I dislike breathing warm air. I find it oppressive and discomforting. I also have the H5i humidifier and never use the warm up feature. I'm going to reduce the humidity level from 3 to 2 and see if I experience any dryness.

Post Reply Post Reply
From user instructions http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

Climate Control
Climate Control is an intelligent system that controls the H5i and the ClimateLine to deliver constant, comfortable temperature and humidity levels during therapy. Designed to prevent dryness of the nose and mouth, it automatically maintains the temperature and relative humidity while you sleep.

Climate Control modes

Climate Control Auto
The recommended (default) setting for Climate Control is Auto mode. In Auto mode, you have the ability to adjust air temperature (61-86°F (16-30°C)) depending on preference. Based on your selected air temperature, Climate Control automatically adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 80% relative humidity while protecting against rainout. In Auto mode the default air temperature is set to 80°F (27°C)

Climate Control Manual
In this mode, air temperature and humidity can be set independently, providing you greater flexibility but without the rainout protection guaranteed in Auto mode. In this mode, air temperature (61–86°F (16–30°C)) and humidity level (0–6) can be set independently. If rainout occurs, either increase air temperature or decrease the humidity setting.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I actually bought and have distilled water in the humidifier Smile I even thought about putting ice cubes in it but that may be a bit difficult. Joking. I guess if the climate control tube can go to 60 something degrees then it's great and I should try it. That air the first night was super hot and last night my nose was itchy with the warm air. The mask does fit well and that part really doesn't bother me.

btw, I have loaded the software and read the SD card and looked for climate control options but I guess that hose is the best bet for now!

Thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2014, 03:56 PM)zonk Wrote: Climate Control Auto
The recommended (default) setting for Climate Control is Auto mode. In Auto mode, you have the ability to adjust air temperature (61-86°F (16-30°C)) depending on preference. Based on your selected air temperature, Climate Control automatically adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 80% relative humidity while protecting against rainout. In Auto mode the default air temperature is set to 80°F (27°C)

Climate Control Manual
In this mode, air temperature and humidity can be set independently, providing you greater flexibility but without the rainout protection guaranteed in Auto mode. In this mode, air temperature (61–86°F (16–30°C)) and humidity level (0–6) can be set independently. If rainout occurs, either increase air temperature or decrease the humidity setting.
Of course, since the Climateline hose only has wires that heat the hose, the effective bottom temperature is the temperature of the air in your bedroom.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 187 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 157 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 216 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 252 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.