Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hot air issues
Hot air issues
I have just started with the Resmed S9 Austoset and Quattro mask. The unit also has a humidifier which I thought was a great idea until the first night I woke up with really hot air entering the mask. Later I turned humidifier off and it was much better. But I'm trying to get used to wearing this thing and last night it was discomforting every time I exhaled with hot air in the mask. Is this just something you have to deal with? Or is there a possible way to actually make the air colder entering the mask? Maybe a crazy idea but just wondered.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hot air issues
You can turn the humidifier off, and use it as a passover humidifier (no heat).
Air blowing over water usually cools, so that might do it for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
With my old S8 machine and H4i humidifier, I did find the air was often too warm.
I've not found that to be the case with my S9 machine with the H5i humidifier.
I've not tried the climate line hose, I run my humidifier at 4.0 or 4.5.

You might try the climate line hose which then let's you set a temperature.

One thing that I've done is not use the warm-up feature. I'm often asleep by the time the humidifier comes up to temperature.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi davek,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You can also turn back the temperature on your hose if you have the ClimateLine hose.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you with your C PAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Sounds like I need a climate line hose..... whatever that is. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The deal is that I did turn off the humidifier to help cool the air for the past couple of nights. But please correct me if wrong, but the description on climateline tubing is that it heats the air??? Not cool it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate to ask a stupid question but I am going to anyway. Did you put water in the humidifier?

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2014, 12:32 PM)davek Wrote: The deal is that I did turn off the humidifier to help cool the air for the past couple of nights. But please correct me if wrong, but the description on climateline tubing is that it heats the air??? Not cool it?

It does heat the air if needed. The point of the climate line is: the S9 with the H5i and climateline changes how you set the humidity. Instead of 0 to 5 in 0.5 increments -- you have temperature control in degrees F.

(03-29-2014, 12:37 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I hate to ask a stupid question but I am going to anyway. Did you put water in the humidifier?

PaytonA

That's the old story of spending hours troubleshooting a problem only to find it's not plugged in.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Been there - done that!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2014, 12:32 PM)davek Wrote: The deal is that I did turn off the humidifier to help cool the air for the past couple of nights. But please correct me if wrong, but the description on climateline tubing is that it heats the air??? Not cool it?
Yes. The climateline is a heated hose. You set a temp and it adjusts the humidifier and the heater wires in the hose to keep the air temp at the desired temperature. I believe that the temp can be set as low as the mid 70s (maybe even the low 70s). If the problem is that your humidifier is heating the air past that point, the climateline might help. But if 75 seems warm to you (and it does to many people), then the climate line might not do you any good.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 50 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 186 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.