Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: ResMed H5i (not using)
CPAP Pressure: 9 - 14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CareFusion PureSom Ultra Chinstrap

Sex: Male

RE: Hot air issues
(03-29-2014 10:33 AM)davek Wrote:  I have just started with the Resmed S9 Austoset and Quattro mask. The unit also has a humidifier which I thought was a great idea until the first night I woke up with really hot air entering the mask. Later I turned humidifier off and it was much better. But I'm trying to get used to wearing this thing and last night it was discomforting every time I exhaled with hot air in the mask. Is this just something you have to deal with? Or is there a possible way to actually make the air colder entering the mask? Maybe a crazy idea but just wondered.

Thanks!
davek, Like you, I dislike breathing warm air. I find it oppressive and discomforting. I also have the H5i humidifier and never use the warm up feature. I'm going to reduce the humidity level from 3 to 2 and see if I experience any dryness.
03-29-2014 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

From user instructions http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

Climate Control
Climate Control is an intelligent system that controls the H5i and the ClimateLine to deliver constant, comfortable temperature and humidity levels during therapy. Designed to prevent dryness of the nose and mouth, it automatically maintains the temperature and relative humidity while you sleep.

Climate Control modes

Climate Control Auto
The recommended (default) setting for Climate Control is Auto mode. In Auto mode, you have the ability to adjust air temperature (61-86°F (16-30°C)) depending on preference. Based on your selected air temperature, Climate Control automatically adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 80% relative humidity while protecting against rainout. In Auto mode the default air temperature is set to 80°F (27°C)

Climate Control Manual
In this mode, air temperature and humidity can be set independently, providing you greater flexibility but without the rainout protection guaranteed in Auto mode. In this mode, air temperature (61–86°F (16–30°C)) and humidity level (0–6) can be set independently. If rainout occurs, either increase air temperature or decrease the humidity setting.
03-29-2014 03:56 PM
davek Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed S9
CPAP Pressure: 6-14
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Yes, I actually bought and have distilled water in the humidifier Smile I even thought about putting ice cubes in it but that may be a bit difficult. Joking. I guess if the climate control tube can go to 60 something degrees then it's great and I should try it. That air the first night was super hot and last night my nose was itchy with the warm air. The mask does fit well and that part really doesn't bother me.

btw, I have loaded the software and read the SD card and looked for climate control options but I guess that hose is the best bet for now!

Thanks for the help!
03-29-2014 06:16 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
robysue Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: PR Dreamstation BiPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: PR Dreamstation humidfier
CPAP Pressure: min EPAP = 4; max IPAP = 9;
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic EncorePro

Other Comments: Papping since September 2010

Sex: Female

(03-29-2014 03:56 PM)zonk Wrote:  Climate Control Auto
The recommended (default) setting for Climate Control is Auto mode. In Auto mode, you have the ability to adjust air temperature (61-86°F (16-30°C)) depending on preference. Based on your selected air temperature, Climate Control automatically adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 80% relative humidity while protecting against rainout. In Auto mode the default air temperature is set to 80°F (27°C)

Climate Control Manual
In this mode, air temperature and humidity can be set independently, providing you greater flexibility but without the rainout protection guaranteed in Auto mode. In this mode, air temperature (61–86°F (16–30°C)) and humidity level (0–6) can be set independently. If rainout occurs, either increase air temperature or decrease the humidity setting.
Of course, since the Climateline hose only has wires that heat the hose, the effective bottom temperature is the temperature of the air in your bedroom.
03-29-2014 06:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One good night, now leak issues? sleepyguy99 11 401 Yesterday 02:14 PM
Last Post: sleepyguy99
  [Pressure] Another New Player with Some Leak Issues Platypus 6 234 11-28-2016 06:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not so new member having mask leak issues erikk 9 365 11-26-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: erikk
Smile [How to] FIX RESMED S+ SLEEP MONITOR BLUETOOTH ISSUES srlevine1 3 324 10-31-2016 11:55 AM
Last Post: sswenson
  Blood sugar issues after treating apnea with BIPAP Gugliano 7 423 10-21-2016 01:59 PM
Last Post: southerndoc
Exclaimation [Equipment] Electromagnetic Field Issues Kaleun 8 482 10-17-2016 06:47 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  New to this. Airsense 10 & Sinus issues Caseous 6 462 10-17-2016 06:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeeppp