Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hot nights and hot air
Hot nights and hot air
I'm having trouble. I hate putting on the mask with warm air blowing on me when it's so hot already during the summer. Resmed S9. What can I do? No air conditioning. Full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hot nights and hot air
Welcome Rodeomama, are you using a humidifier, if so, I find that reducing the temperature seems to help, you can get the CPAP Set up Manual at the top of the page that will show you how to reduce it, if not, all you can do is try and keep the room as cool as possible like air conditioning or a fan, hope this helps and good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
No A/C? I would die. Not so much from heat well, during the day, but the humidity at night is often 90+. When my A/C broke I used a window unit. Not ideal but it kept the bedroom cool and humidity low.

Some have suggested putting some water in the humidifier tub and freezing it. Maybe 1/4 full and freeze it then fill it to the right level with water right before you go to bed and you'll get cooler air blowing out.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2015, 06:42 AM)AlanE Wrote: No A/C? I would die. Not so much from heat well, during the day, but the humidity at night is often 90+. When my A/C broke I used a window unit. Not ideal but it kept the bedroom cool and humidity low.

Some have suggested putting some water in the humidifier tub and freezing it. Maybe 1/4 full and freeze it then fill it to the right level with water right before you go to bed and you'll get cooler air blowing out.

Couldn't you add ice cubs....I would be afraid to add water to the humidifier and freeze it....there's a chance of cracking the humidifier tube...when water freezes it expands....I could be wrong though....maybe people have done it without problems.
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You can do that too. Should work fine.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
change mask types so most of your face isn't covered. there are nasal masks and nasal pillows to choose from.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rodeomama,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try a different type of mask and see how you do. There are many masks out there so don't be shy about asking to try a different one.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn off the humidity, add a large piece of ice (frozen muffin cup) to the water. You will get passover humidity that should be colder. This was not my idea but one previously posted. I can't do links from a tablet, darn it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the ideas everyone. I will look and see if I can find out how to adjust or turn off the humidity. There's no option for air conditioning. I might try the ice idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you choose to use ice, I suggest crushing it up since that will increase the surface area and make for better heat transfer. Watch to see if the humidifier reservoir sweats on the outside since that may cause damage to your cpap.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 453 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 583 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 454 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] First 2 Nights of CPAP (help?) jp0808 1 374 11-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.