Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hot smell
Hot smell
O
I just started using my cpap
Machine 2 weeks ago, its taking a few to get used to it, the first week everything was great , but niw it smells
Like something hot in my room, like someone turned on the heat, aalso its not using much water, and I wake up stuffy. Everything is automset
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hot smell
Have you washed out your tubing? After about a week or two I sometimes start to pick up an odor, reminding me to wash it out. You can just slosh hot soapy water back and forth through it. That's what I did but now I use a hose brush.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hot smell
(10-21-2017, 09:15 AM)Bevt Wrote: O
I just started using my cpap
Machine 2 weeks ago, its taking a few to get used to it, the first week everything was great , but niw it smells
Like something hot in my room, like someone turned on the heat, aalso its not using much water, and I wake up stuffy. Everything is automset

Been there, done that. You are not the first!

Move the power brick away from the machine. Put the power brick on the floor. Per Resmed.

Look at threads from 2-3 weeks ago, and you’ll find more of the same with the A10A 4Her.

——
Separate issue...if the humidifier isn’t using much water? If you want the air coming into your nose to be moister, increase the humidity. If the machine is currently on auto for the humidifier, evidently it calibrates that you have a comfortable level of moisture in the air and won’t need a lot additional.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 262 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,926 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,921 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,448 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
  Burning Smell? BC3B 33 19,613 10-25-2023, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Teddyg
  [CPAP] Sweet morning smell..... H2Daddy 12 8,927 10-24-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: fly by night
  Resmed Climateline tubing smell wenfroed 21 7,786 10-08-2022, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.