Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hot
Hot
Haven't started the cpap yet but am concerned about a full face making me really hot at night. Pretty much a mouth breather so am sure this is what I'm going to have to go with. Is the air blowing in cool or warm air?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hot
Depending upon the machine you get you should be able to adjust both the temperature and humidity settings. Good luck with your therapy.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The air will be room temperature unless you turn up the humidifier temperature setting.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
The headgear retains more heat than the mask. The mask benefits from having air circulated through it, albeit ambient temperature air (actually very slightly above).

So, the good news is, you'll not notice a temperature problem...the bad news is, there are other problem with a FF mask that make temperature of lesser concern. Wink

FYI, Many avowed mouth breathers find that they can use a nasal mask since the slight pressure of the therapy opens the passages somewhat. It's worth trying since nasal masks are lots more comfortable than FF masks.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems like a matter of perception. Sometimes I feel the air is too hot.
We've had some hot weather; and I'm just too hot at night.
I have considered taking an old 22mm hose and shoving the end in the AC output flow vent; and taping the other end near my filter intake.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2015, 02:33 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: The headgear retains more heat than the mask. The mask benefits from having air circulated through it, albeit ambient temperature air (actually very slightly above).

So, the good news is, you'll not notice a temperature problem...the bad news is, there are other problem with a FF mask that make temperature of lesser concern. Wink

FYI, Many avowed mouth breathers find that they can use a nasal mask since the slight pressure of the therapy opens the passages somewhat. It's worth trying since nasal masks are lots more comfortable than FF masks.

Dude
Good to know about the nasal mask. Do my titration session in a couple of weeks. Just trying to educate myself somewhat before then. Thanks for input.
Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie Granny,
Since you don't have a machine yet, here is a link explaining some good machine choices and some to avoid if possible.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally I do not use humidification and use a dry tank with the temperature turned down to 62 degrees, nice and cool is how I like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can set it at 62° if you like but I don't know of any XPAP machine that will deliver cooler air than room ambient. I have read several threads here from folks who would love to have a machine like that! Wink You may choose to turn your A/C temp down to 62° to accomplish that but it would require a greater capacity system than most houses have.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2015, 04:50 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: You can set it at 62° if you like but I don't know of any XPAP machine that will deliver cooler air than room ambient. I have read several threads here from folks who would love to have a machine like that! Wink You may choose to turn your A/C temp down to 62° to accomplish that but it would require a greater capacity system than most houses have.

Dude

There's a challenge. Integrate a Peltier effect cooler into an H5i.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.