Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Approximately, how many years have you been using CPAP?
This poll is closed.
Don't have a CPAP yet
1.45%
1 1.45%
Less than 1 Year
17.39%
12 17.39%
1-2 Years
17.39%
12 17.39%
More than 2 but less than 5 years
28.99%
20 28.99%
At least 5 years but less than 8 years
10.14%
7 10.14%
At least 8 years but less than 10 years
2.90%
2 2.90%
At least 10 years but less than 15 years
11.59%
8 11.59%
At least 15 years but less than 20 years
7.25%
5 7.25%
At least 20 years but less than 25 years
1.45%
1 1.45%
25 years or more (please comment to tell us the exact number)
1.45%
1 1.45%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How LONG have you been on CPAP?
How LONG have you been on CPAP?
Okay, inquiring minds want to know... approximately how many years have you been on CPAP?

Please take the POLL and we'll see if we can find some folks around here to win distinct honor of being on CPAP for a VERY long period of time!

For this poll, please select the number of years that comes closest to the actual time you've been on CPAP.

If there have been substantial periods of time when you did not use your CPAP machine, please subtract those years or months from your total number of years.

Okay, I'll go first...

I've been on CPAP since 2004, so I currently have about 15 years of non-stop CPAP use under my belt.  I've never had even one night where I wasn't connected to my machine.

After you vote, feel free to comment below...

HOW ABOUT YOU??  Take the POLL and let's find out!

Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How LONG have you been on CPAP?
Showoff! I'm coming up on 5 years.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
but that is already published here
Post Reply Post Reply
I expect the distribution to be bi-modal because my expectation is that at least half of those who might participate are newcomers who are trying to learn or get help, and then they drift away.  The second modal 'lump' will comprise the hangers-on and helpers, plus monitors and admin, who like to help and who enjoy participating for other reasons.  At this early stage, it looks like I may be right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Every night except 1 for just over 3 years.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've missed two nights over my 3+ years on CPAP.  Consider me a happy hanger-on. Dreaming
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been on CPAP for 12 years and haven't missed a night. I just recently joined the forum as I had a brick before and never followed up with any sleep doctors.
Post Reply Post Reply
Started in October 2014, so it will be 5 years this October.  

I have never missed a day.  I use it every night, whether away or home and use it for naps.   Smile

Can’t imagine being without.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I missed 2 days, the first was a camping trip where an external power supply failed on me.  The second was a second Diagnostic study that was supposed to be a split but I didn't sleep long enough, 118 minutes of the 2 hours required for a valid diagnostic before the titration started.
Post Reply Post Reply
My 1 yr anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 560 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 615 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,810 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  50 second long central apnea esaulcatnas 6 678 09-04-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  After a long time I'm back. Had a night again with low 80% dip oxygen level MyronH 0 448 08-05-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.