Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How many hours of sleep do you get each night/day?
This poll is closed.
Less than 4 hours
1.79%
1 1.79%
4 to 6 hours
14.29%
8 14.29%
6 to 8 hours
64.29%
36 64.29%
More than 8 hours
19.64%
11 19.64%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Long Do You Sleep?
Question 
How Long Do You Sleep?
In order to maintain my credentials as the "Polling Administrator", I periodically post short polls/surveys to learn things about/from our membership. Whistle

Recently, I successfully slept for 7 hours; which for me is very unusual. When I was young, mom said that I'd sleep for at least 8 hours; during college and my working years, I usually got 4 to 5 hours of sleep even after I started sleeping with the cpap therapy. These days I usually get about 6 hours of sleep each night.

So, my question is: How many hours, not counting pee-breaks, do you normally sleep each day (24-hour period)?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How Long Do You Sleep?
well, it all depends on if you are talking about straight through or total including waking up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before PAPing … about 90 minutes, then get up…. 90 more minutes, then wake up. First night on CPAP was an astounding 9.1 hours straight. No waking up or getting up. Now at least 7+ hours a night with one "get up" 3 hours after falling asleep. Sometimes a bit over 8 hours with the usual getting up after 3 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep 4 hrs at most. I am new on the machine so it will get better. I hope.
Kim
Kimberly from HonoluluSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Average time on mask the last 30 days is 9:06. But I don't think I sleep nearly that much. Probably not more than 9:02 or so.

Would be more except for the morning freight train that comes rolling through the bedroom... aka puppies.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sometimes sleep a LOT.

On CPAP, my machine averages about 8.6 hours per day, including naps, and I am sleeping almost all of it.

Since my total hip replacement 8 days ago, I am down to about 4-6.5 hours.

This is NOT due to pain but is mostly due to INCREASED ENERGY. Everyone tells you to expect to crash or at least be greatly depleted after joint replacement but you can't prove that by me.

It just feels like I am THROUGH sleep sooner and need to sleep LESS. I took a week of vacation (literally) to do the hip so all this was discovered when I literally could sleep as much or as little (knowing I could always go back to bed) as I wished.

With working the last 2 days, it's important to be more careful of getting closer to 8 hours each night since it's impossible to guarantee there will be time for any more rest (e.g., lunchtime nap) -- in fact with might job, I could get stuck on a round the clock server down trouble response.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
About 6:30 on long term average.
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
About 7.5 hrs. usually straight through.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The norm for me is 4 to 5 hours but I wake up every 2 hours most of the time. I don't wake up to go to the bathroom and most of the time. I have been doing that for about 8 years now. I attribute it to high stress.
Post Reply Post Reply
8 to 11. All on the machine. But have only had the machine for six nights now. Before that it was about 5 to 6 hrs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 560 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,813 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.