Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How Long Should I Wait Before Seeing My Technician
How Long Should I Wait Before Seeing My Technician
So, since the start of COVID, I got lazy with my CPAP device.  I focused on losing weight and exercise.  I lost some weight and got a new device last week.  I see my AHI's are more central than obstructive.  Usually 1 to 3 obstructive with 10 to 15 central events.  I am wondering if some of these central events can be tied to movement or other things.  I do feel better still not 100%.  Still getting up once or twice to pee, but its better than before (5 or 6 times)I have been on the device for about a week.  I doubt that a weeks data is worthy of evaluation.  

Should I accumulate a months worth of data before seeing the tech?  Or longer?

Device is a Prismasmart Lowenstein (very happy with it) and a BMC P2 Nasal pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How Long Should I Wait Before Seeing My Technician
I might suggest you wait one month and then have your technician, preferably your doctor, review the results and suggest changes in the settings. Many USA insurers want a one-month compliance check, so this is a good time frame to discuss preliminary findings.

Perhaps someone on the Oscar team could further advise you if Oscar is fully compatible with your version of the Lowenstein prisma SMART device so you can install the OSCAR software and post data to allow forum members with experience in combatting central to advise.

L’Shanah Tovah
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 559 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,809 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  50 second long central apnea esaulcatnas 6 678 09-04-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  After a long time I'm back. Had a night again with low 80% dip oxygen level MyronH 0 448 08-05-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.