Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How Low Can (should?) I Go?
RE: How Low Can (should?) I Go?
In general, I wouldn't put much effort into reducing the AHI below 2 or so, as long as you look at your airflow waveforms and look for long apneas or other problems.

However, if you find it feels better, by all means, tinker some more.

I find I feel much better if I increase my minimum pressure a bit above where my AHI essentially goes to zero.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How Low Can (should?) I Go?
(08-07-2014, 03:06 AM)archangle Wrote: I find I feel much better if I increase my minimum pressure a bit above where my AHI essentially goes to zero.

Feeling pretty good now! I'm going to leave it. Apneas run between 0 and 1 a night, the hyponeas are gone, along with the flow limitations and nearly all of the snoring (1 VS and ~5 VS2s a night).

For some reason the snoring and flow limitations make me feel tired even when there aren't a lot of apneas, and they're pretty much gone now.

Happy Terry! It's morning and I'm not tired. 8-)

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.