Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night?
This poll is closed.
Less than 4 hours of sleep each night
4.71%
4 4.71%
At least 4, but less than 5 hours of sleep each night
5.88%
5 5.88%
At least 5, but less than 6 hours of sleep each night
10.59%
9 10.59%
At least 6, but less than 7 hours of sleep each night
34.12%
29 34.12%
At least 7, but less than 8 hours of sleep each night
29.41%
25 29.41%
At least 8, but less than 9 hours of sleep each night
4.71%
4 4.71%
At least 9, but less than 10 hours of sleep each night
4.71%
4 4.71%
10 or more hours of sleep each night
5.88%
5 5.88%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average?
How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average?
This poll originally posted by Katie in our old forum.

This is a poll to determine how much sleep Apnea Board members get each night on average.

We're looking for your average number of hours of sleep, so if you add up the number of hours of sleep you get each week and divide by 7, that would give you the number we're looking for.

Please vote in the poll, then add a reply if you wish to comment further.

Bed

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average?
Well, if I had voted on this a year ago, I would have said 6-7 hours of sleep, but these past few months or so, it's gone down to about 4-5, roughly. Bed
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
6:57 on average according to Sleepyhead. 6:51 on average according to ResScan. Sleep-on-pillow
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2012, 07:58 AM)b360155 Wrote: 6:57 on average according to Sleepyhead. 6:51 on average according to ResScan. Sleep-on-pillow

consistently between 5 and 6. wife works an odd 12:30 to 9:30pm shift but usually has OT and don't get home til 10:30 - 11:00, sometimes midnight so we never get to bed before midnight and i'm up around 6 every day.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
If I could average 10 hours a night, I'm sure I'd probably be a whole lot better at staying awake during the day....but between issues staying asleep and living in a college town....and trying to keep my job. Its 6-7 hours a night for 6 nights, and then ~10 hours on Sunday.

Sunday I take a break from my stimulants...and yet I'm pretty functional....sometimes more than during the week.
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
I know we're supposed to average but I definitely sleep longer on the weekends especially on Sundays. I also take naps on Saturday and Sunday but can't during the week. SleepHead says that I've averaged 8.48 hrs since I started in Dec. 2012. However this includes the 11 hours per day I slept when I first got my cpap and several 3 to 4 hour naps several times a week.

I can tell you that the quality of my sleep is much better since I started using cpap. I'll take quality over quantity any day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I try to get at lest 7 Hrs, but sometimes my back starts hurting and I have to get up. Crying-into-tissue
Post Reply Post Reply
I average a little over 7 hours each night.
Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2012, 06:42 PM)Steven Wrote: I average a little over 7 hours each night.

I guess I am pretty to close to the average of this board because I sleep 6-7 hours per night. When I use cpap it is a very good sleep and I am well rested. On a few nights when I am away and do not have my machine it is not a quality sleep. I can tell the difference. Cpap has done very well with me.

Post Reply Post Reply
I usual get around 3-4 hours sometimes longer sometimes none! Being a carer and nightshift worker I dont get a chance for a full sleep so I grab it when I can.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.