Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How Many Hours of Sleep do you get?
How Many Hours of Sleep do you get?
Just checked my SD Card. Looked at the csv file. I see the most sleep I got was one night of 10.5 hours. The rest are scattered between 4 hours and 8 hours.

I remember hearing that the body needs 8 hours of sleep a night, but I have never achieved that. I am lucky to get 7 hours a night max.

What is everyone's opinion on the number of hours sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How Many Hours of Sleep do you get?
Over 7 hours for me but include an afternoon nap
I enjoy my afternoon little sleep, recharge the batteries
Post Reply Post Reply
It various most nights I get 8 some nights I get 7. I sleep for around 2 hours in the afternoon and another 2 hours in the evening. I am tired for most of the day with severe memory issues and never feel full refreshed.
Post Reply Post Reply
My hours range between 4 and 12. Reports 8 average.

Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
5 hours if I am lucky, 7-7.5 before CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
While I am definitely not minimizing the hours of sleep that folks get, it is the quality that is more important which sadly, most sleep doctors don't seem to understand. And usually, if the quality of your sleep is good, it will start equaling the right number of hours of sleep. Of course, your mileage will vary.

49er
Post Reply Post Reply
seldom under 7, usual 7.5 to 8, and on weekends when I can, 9 - need to be sick or drugged for more than that.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I seem to be averaging 9 hours a night, but I just finished my first week with CPAP. Before, it was 5-6 hours a night of waking up multiple times throughout the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
These days it is 6 hours - from 11 to 5. It isn't enough. I fall asleep quickly at night but once I wake up at 5 I have a hard time getting back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think about the same as before cpap time wise but much less sleepiness during the day and so far I have only taken a nap once in the past five weeks, that was a few days ago. I had a few sleepy days in the office, but not as many as before.

I also seem to stay in my position more. Some times only 1-2 moves a night, sometimes I wake up exactly where I fell asleep. The main thing I have noticed is I am dreaming again, very vividly....enough that I wake up like WOW that was awesome!

See my usage times, on average I watch about 15-20min of tv when I first put it on (but never have a problem falling asleep). That has never been my issue.

I was hoping to be a bit more "leap out of bed" rested, but so far there is improvement. Side effects are sore facial parts and some morning headache. My alergies do appear to be less now (that's a plus)

Note the one day that shows no time.....I went on a pretty serious bender ( I don't drink often but when I do......I go big!). It's real hard to wear a cpap when the room is spinning like a top haha you think I would be smart enough to know that by now haha Oh-jeez

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 159 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 280 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 247 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 462 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 203 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 490 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.