Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How Often Do You Clean Your Machine and Accessories?
How Often Do You Clean Your Machine and Accessories?
Just curious as to how often you clean your machine and accessories (tubing,etc.)? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How Often Do You Clean Your Machine and Accessories?
welcome to the forum.

truthfully, not often.

why is everything unsure in your profile? do you not have equipment? do you need help identifying it?
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2012, 11:11 PM)ndstate Wrote: Just curious as to how often you clean your machine and accessories (tubing,etc.)? Thanks.
Hi ndstate
The mask goes to the shower with me in the morning.
The hose and humidifier tub every Sunday morning.
The S9 every now and then a quick wipe to keep it shinny.

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you suppose to clean your equipment?

With water? Huhsign

So thats why Im getting chewy bits in my mouth Too-funny

I use anti-bac wipes everyday, sometimes wash everything once a week
Post Reply Post Reply
Truthfully, rarely. I hit the nasal pillows once a month with antiseptic wipes. I guess I could replace the pillows once a month and save on the wipes.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
I dismantle my mask every morning and wash it in the sink in warm water with a squirt or two of Ivory liquid soap, then leave it on a towel to air dry. Most everything else I wash once a week on Saturdays, again in warm water and Ivory soap. That would include my Climateline Hose, my Padacheek mask liner, my headgear, the silicone gasket in the lid of my ResMed Autoset S9's H5i humidifier chamber and the water chamber itself (there's a video out there somewhere that shows how you can dismantle the stock water chamber to clean out the inside of it). The S9 machine I just wipe with a damp cloth every week or two. The air filter I change once every 3 or 4 months when it starts looking pretty dirty.

Edit: Here's a link to the You Tube video showing how to dismantle your ResMed H5i water chamber for cleaning, if you don't have the dishwasher safe model. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scg8Nc9LkRo
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash my headgear every Sunday morning and the humidifier tub and tubing about once a month. And lick the outside of the S9 about once a month. Rolling laugh
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not often enough....these days I'm down to just wiping the mask with a CPAP wipe before I got to bed. And, dumping the humidifier when it starts looking cloudy. And, sometimes I think when was the last time I changed my filter...and if I happen to be near, I'll change it....otherwise I'll forget.

I used to do much more every Sunday morning...but these days I sleep right through it....

The Dreamer.
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ill get my profile updated Wink
Thanks for the info everyone, it seems to vary quite a bit. I think I need to get in the habit of cleaning everything more often. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The mask every week, humidifier and tubing every two weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 451 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,166 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Suggestions on how to clean a Resmed S10 motor? texquad 5 917 09-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Advice on how to clean F20 Airtouch? raptosnorus 4 726 06-30-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Cheap accessories for masks periksson 1 503 06-20-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Medicare and CPAP Accessories oneeyeopen 5 769 06-04-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Doublereeder2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.