Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How Often Do You Download Your xPAP Data
This poll is closed.
Daily
31.25%
20 31.25%
Every other day
6.25%
4 6.25%
Twice a week
20.31%
13 20.31%
Weekly
34.38%
22 34.38%
Not bothered
6.25%
4 6.25%
N/A
1.56%
1 1.56%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Often Do You Download Your xPAP Data
How Often Do You Download Your xPAP Data
First thing in the morning i take a close look at the LCD screen data and lately leak is creeping up a bit probably it,s time to get a new cushion.

Download twice a week but more if i had a bad night.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How Often Do You Download Your xPAP Data
meh. In the absence of any issues I might do a download every 2 to 3 months just to get a snapshot of how things are going. I'm not going to micromanage this thing...

edit: Thinking I might have to change my avatar, this one looks pretty distracting, lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
Every morning, I take a quick look at the detail on the screen.

Once a week (on Sunday), I take the SD card out of the S9 & place my formatted 2nd SD card in it.

When I have time later:
I make a full copy and a zipped copy of the data on the SD card
I download the data from the 1st SD card into ResScan Software
I format that SD card (to avoid the "skew" problem) so it is ready to put
into the S9 when I take the other SD card out
Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2012, 03:01 PM)Steven Wrote: I format that SD card (to avoid the "skew" problem) so it is ready to put

Steven, the skew problem hasn't been corrected yet? Wow I would have thought that this issue would have been addressed with 3.16... hasn't the problem been around since like version 3.12 or so?

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2012, 03:06 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(03-02-2012, 03:01 PM)Steven Wrote: I format that SD card (to avoid the "skew" problem) so it is ready to put

Steven, the skew problem hasn't been corrected yet? Wow I would have thought that this issue would have been addressed with 3.16... hasn't the problem been around since like version 3.12 or so?

Thinking-about

I have not seen confirmation anywhere that the "skew" problem could have been corrected.

Of all of the things ResMed listed as to what they had updated / corrected in Version 3.16, I see NO mention that the "skew" problem had been resolved. Of course, they never officially admitted to it to begin with, so I guess they would not officially "correct" what was not a problem to begin with.

Since I format my SD card once a week, I avoid any "skew" problem that may still exist.

I would like to hear from others who do not regularly format their SD card as to whether or not they still see the "skew". I believe it starts to appear if the SD card is not formatted for more than 2 weeks.
Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Steven. Rather than hi-jack zonk's poll thread, I started a new one asking about the data-skew issue HERE. If anyone knows about any updated info on this issue, please post it in that new thread.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Now, to get zonk's thread back on topic... I unfortunately must admit that I haven't been keeping up with my S9 data with either ResScan or SleepyHead... just been too doggone busy lately.

But, it's on my list 'o' stuff to do... man that list is getting long. Unsure Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2012, 03:06 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(03-02-2012, 03:01 PM)Steven Wrote:
I would like to hear from others who do not regularly format their SD card as to whether or not they still see the "skew".
Don,t know how to format the SD card but do lock it before inserting into laptop and never had skew issues.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2012, 03:43 PM)zonk Wrote: Don,t know how to format the SD card but do lock it before inserting into laptop and never had skew issues.

FYI... See Steven's post in THIS THREAD where he explains how to get free software that's good at re-formatting your SD card.

Thumbs-up-2
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I checked weekly, but it might be bi-weekly or more.

When I do run the software, its mostly out of curiosity with the sleepyhead software readout rather then anything else. I'm not a number chaser or tweeker, as long as I'm sleeping well. I haven't changed the pressure in several years.

I have turned off the flex recently and see that it might have actually made a small difference lower in the CSR averages. But the flex was turned off for comfort and not to lower any numbers or averages.

There are just too many physiological, emotional, and day to day stressors that play into our sleeping that can alter the AHI and other numbers to worry too much about them.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 459 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  How often do you download to OSCAR? kylemw 6 786 03-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: kylemw
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,687 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 921 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  xPAP replacement midwestguy 2 468 07-31-2022, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Received new BiPAp but will not download settings from DME... emptyheaded 4 594 06-03-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: emptyheaded
  [Equipment] Old EncorePro SmartCard data download eth2oski 2 805 05-12-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: eth2oski

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.