Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How Often Do You Download Your xPAP Data
This poll is closed.
Daily
31.25%
20 31.25%
Every other day
6.25%
4 6.25%
Twice a week
20.31%
13 20.31%
Weekly
34.38%
22 34.38%
Not bothered
6.25%
4 6.25%
N/A
1.56%
1 1.56%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Often Do You Download Your xPAP Data
RE: How Often Do You Download Your xPAP Data
I tend to download my data every week or every other week if I have a hectic weekend. Like Steven, I do it on Sunday. It's part of my weekly cpap clean and shine routine. There are times during the week night when I wake up and think, I wonder if it is cpap related, but I don't remember to write down the time and check it later.

Since I have a Mac, SleepyHead software is the only program available that I know of. I like it and encourage everyone to donate if they use it. It is definitely worth a donation.
Post Reply Post Reply
The CPAP experience is still pretty new to me and I'm kind of geek at times so I'm still downloading data every morning and I'm looking at both ResScan and Sleepyhead. Mostly, because I've experimented with 4 different masks (Swift FX, Mirage Liberty, Quattro FX and Mirage Quattro), different liners (Padacheek and Quietus), the Gecko (didn't work at all for me) and some different machine settings.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
When I started, I'd download data every week or every other week....depending on what my weekend was like. Plus, after a bad night.

Now, I got for months without a download...and its usually bad nights that prompt it. Or really good nights....or new masks, etc.

Though right now, I want to do a download...but my (Windows) computer died last month....and it could be a while before I get around to rebuilding it.

The Dreamer
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2012, 10:03 AM)TheDreamer Wrote: When I started, I'd download data every week or every other week....depending on what my weekend was like. Plus, after a bad night.

Now, I got for months without a download...and its usually bad nights that prompt it. Or really good nights....or new masks, etc.

Though right now, I want to do a download...but my (Windows) computer died last month....and it could be a while before I get around to rebuilding it.

The Dreamer

If I dream I download Thinking-aboutSleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
i'm retired and don't need to go anyplace in a hurry, so when i get up i take my card to the computer room and start the computers. when i'm done with mine i return it to the machine, grab my wife's and do the same. i do them seperately so i don't have a problem getting them in the wrong user id and don't mix them up and return to the wrong machine.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a total newbie here. I've been on my CPAP for 4 years 5 months and I have never, ever been told about doing anything with the data. No one has ever looked at it or asked about it and I didn't know it recorded anything of interest. I assume the "data" is on that smart card thing in the back of my Remstar? Is there a thread where I can learn what is recorded on it and how to see/analyze it? I guess I was just left adrift for these years and only now am I beginning to suspect the CPAP might not have ever been set properly. While sleep has always been lots better than before CPAP, I don't quite sleep well either. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its been over 2 years, time for update
I've not downloaded for a while but still glace at the data first thing when wake up, but now usage hours taking precedence over AHI or leak data
AHI and leaks are important numbers but for now, hours and quality of sleep that matter most
6/7 hours is perfect, over 7 hours is perfecter
Post Reply Post Reply
I tend to download daily. Main reason why is that my System One Series 50 BiPAP only has 7-day averages on the LCD and I am curious about the overnight AHIs.

I tend to download hubby's data once a week or so---his System One Series 60 APAP has the 1-day AHI on the LCD, and I tend to check that daily. He's not much interested in his data, but then he's taken to PAP like a duck to water, unlike me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 07:57 AM)robysue Wrote: I tend to download daily.
Me too. I must see my numbers to determine whether I feel good or feel grouchy.

Post Reply Post Reply
I too check my LCD screen first thing.
My SD card routine is twice per week; unless I've made a tweak or feel "different."
I'm sort of settled into a routine.

I also copy my SD card to a file folder; and I archive them on my NAS (Network Attached Storage.)

Time to read my card as today is computer backup day!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 441 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  How often do you download to OSCAR? kylemw 6 743 03-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: kylemw
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,653 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  xPAP replacement midwestguy 2 458 07-31-2022, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Received new BiPAp but will not download settings from DME... emptyheaded 4 579 06-03-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: emptyheaded
  [Equipment] Old EncorePro SmartCard data download eth2oski 2 784 05-12-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: eth2oski

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.