Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How Often Do You Download Your xPAP Data
This poll is closed.
Daily
31.25%
20 31.25%
Every other day
6.25%
4 6.25%
Twice a week
20.31%
13 20.31%
Weekly
34.38%
22 34.38%
Not bothered
6.25%
4 6.25%
N/A
1.56%
1 1.56%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Often Do You Download Your xPAP Data
RE: How Often Do You Download Your xPAP Data
I download my data daily. Pretty much have to with my S8 in order to save the detail data. I am still following my leaks closely. I can foresee the day when I will just download the data occasionally.

PayotnA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I download daily. ..and review all the statistics. Even the funky ones like "Tidal Volume." First thing in the morning. While I'm having my coffee. Because I don't have a life.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 08:19 AM)JimZZZ Wrote:
(04-26-2014, 07:57 AM)robysue Wrote: I tend to download daily.
Me too. I must see my numbers to determine whether I feel good or feel grouchy.
I've actually learned that if I'm feeling REALLY good in the morning to NOT let "bad numbers" throw me off.

And if I'm feeling REALLY lousy when I get up, I'll often wait until supper time before looking at the AHI these days. Sometimes it surprises me that the AHI is pretty good (and I then know the grouchy mood was caused by something ELSE) and sometimes the AHI explains it all

Post Reply Post Reply
I am a bit of a geek so when I started CPAP I downloaded the card daily so I could get to understand what this thing was doing.

Now I think I have a good handle on it and my 5 day average AHI is stable under 2 with the 95% pressure 5 day average stable I only download the card when the numbers change on the machine screen. That's about once every 3 or 4 months and there is no option for that in the poll....
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got started in the CPAP world, but so far I've been downloading to Sleepyhead about every 3 days.

Post Reply Post Reply
Having slept for so many years with just a "brick", I usually review my data whenever the spirit moves me. Which is about every three to four months. Eat-popcorn
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I'm only about 3 months into this journey, I'm still downloading the data daily. I take the SD card out of the machine, and immediately lock it. I then soon look at and download the data using both ResScan and Sleepyhead. I also make an entry in a (text file) sleep log, where I record the date. the sleep time, the AHI, and a few remarks. As I am always wearing some device on my back to avoid back-sleeping, I record the particular thing I used, mention if leaks seemed a little hi, etc. I find that if I delay much in putting down the impressions of the night, my memory starts to fade/blur. I may decide to back off the download frequency after a while, but it has been so valuable to see the hi-res flow data and the other stats and graphs, that probably won't happen for some time yet.

I should mention that I purchased spare 2GB SD cards (while such are still available), and I alternate using the original ResMed card and one of the Sandisk spares as the card to put back in the S9. That way, if a card goes bad or is damaged, I still have (most) of the data, if needed. Of course, I always have a daily backup of the SD card itself. The last thing I do before re-inserting a card in the S9 is to unlock it. That way, all the cards are locked at all times, unless actually in the S9.

If anyone else wants to purchase spare SD cards, I would suggest not waiting long. The original spares I bought in January were less than $7 each. I bought more just this past week, when I noticed that the price has about doubled. As others have reported difficulties in using the more modern, higher-capacity SD cards (like SDHC or SDXC types), I didn't want to try that, even tho it is currently cheaper to purchase some of these than the original type. In the computer business, that usually signals that the older/smaller/slower/whatever product is being phased out. I really didn't want to wait until the only source of an SD card was to buy a replacement from ResMed. When that happens we will see a truly amazing escalation in the price.
Post Reply Post Reply
I said weekly because it was the closest to when I do it - which is when I remember it. My AHI averages in the mid 3s. When I look at the graphs the average is driven by the periods that I am awake and on the hose. You know those periods when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. Also, having a cat that wakes you at 5:30 doesn't help matters when you try to get back to sleep. :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first started with CPAP, I was looking at the data daily. Nowadays, I have settled into a routine whereby the data is pretty much the same night after night. If there is some sort of "event" that makes me curious, I will download that morning. Otherwise, I tend to go a month or two at a time between downloads.

Yeah, I know: boringly optimal treatment is a problem other people should have too.
Post Reply Post Reply
I generally download weekly, however a few weeks back I inadvertently forgot to replace the SD card in the machine and only realised a week later when I wanted to download data before traveling interstate. Thinking I'd lost the data for that period of time I just reinserted the card, traveled and then uploaded when I came back home. I was surprised to learn that the S9 had kept data locally and then copied that data to the card maintaining my stream of data intact so I had not lost any days. My Rescan software information is complete with all data.

Not sure what the issue is with "skewing" that I saw earlier in the thread, but if the S9 is storing data locally to copy to the card, then that may cancel out the safety mechanism of using multiple cards that are reformatted each time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 439 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  How often do you download to OSCAR? kylemw 6 741 03-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: kylemw
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  xPAP replacement midwestguy 2 454 07-31-2022, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Received new BiPAp but will not download settings from DME... emptyheaded 4 577 06-03-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: emptyheaded
  [Equipment] Old EncorePro SmartCard data download eth2oski 2 784 05-12-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: eth2oski

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.