Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sore throat/cough with humidifier
Sore throat/cough with humidifier
So I have airsense 10 with humidifier, heated hose all set to automatic humidity settings. I’ve been getting a sore throat lately for last few weeks and sometimes a cough. No it’s not Covid!!! I use a F20 full face mask with chin strap.

I have EPR settings on, EPR 3. I’ve tried settings 2, 1 and off. Makes no difference.

Over last month I’ve averaged 15.9 pressure, AHI 0.4 and leak of 10L/min

Over last week I’ve averaged 15.9 pressure, AHI 0.3 and leak of 5L/min

Settings:
Mode - autoset
Max pressure - 20
Minimum pressure - 14
Mask - full face

Comfort:
Response - soft
Ramp time - auto
Start pressure - 14
EPR - on
EPR - Full time
EPR level - 3
Climate control - auto
Tube temp - auto

Any suggestions? Help? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sore throat/cough with humidifier
One possibility is a sensitivity or allergy.  Late in the year, as the sun begins it's five month run to the nadir, things stay wet and cooler longer, and mold sets in.  Mildew and mold begin to show up on some plants, and in detritus left in the lawn and in flower beds.

Or, there is some other change going on inside your home/bedroom.  A newly introduced bug making waste that you're breathing, or more house mites than usual?  Maybe a newly acquired allergy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully not. I was wondering if it could have been caused by a new job I started 3 months ago where I work within chilled environment (actual refrigeration units) and then use heated humidifier at night?!
Post Reply Post Reply
I do use hypoallergenic filters in my machine and also beconase nasal spray before bed
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the refrigerated environment is both new to you and DRY to you.  It will necessarily be substantially drier (less humidity), and that might serve to dry you out over the hours, days, and weeks.  Have you found, as an example, that your urine is a bit 'stronger' lately, more yellow?  That could be a sign that you need to drink more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I do get dehydrated often I must say. Just a nuisance with the chesty/sore throat thing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 426 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 320 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 787 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.