Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 17-23
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: How Was it For You ???
I was so excited at the possibility of a good nights sleep that I had prepped myself with lots of positive statements so that it would be a smooth transition. I was a bit anxious that it might be annoying, a pet peeve is the sound of a fan, but it went wonderfully and I slept so well. A miracle in my book.
Last week though after my 4th sleep study, since my apnea has continued to worsen, they set my air from 17 to 23 and I dispaired that I would ever get used to the hurricane force winds blowing on my face. Its been a long week, at first I woke up constantly, adjusting the mask and struggling to sleep. But last night I slept thru the night, a first good nights sleep in a long while.
Why the worsening of my apnea...wieght gain. This is something I have fought my entire life and feel so hopeless about. Being so tired all the time leaves no energy after work to do any exercise, even though I know it would help. So I continue to work on my sleep hygiene, adjusting to the new pressure settings and have hope that I can turn this around and at least not have to face the hurricane each night.
08-14-2012 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Tommy C Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: To be determined
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
(08-14-2012 12:40 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  As for my experience, I had a heckuva time finding the right mask. I had a lot of leaking at the top of my nose, right into my eyes. I was determined to not use nasal pillows but the rep finally talked me into it. I slept the first night with it all the way through and never woke up until morning.

Yes, the nasal pillows seem quite popular. I will probably try them once I get a handle on the S9 and full-face mask.

What brand and model of nasal pillow is the most popular with users here?

I also have a nasal mask and might try that again, now that the S9 back pressure is so easy.

T
08-14-2012 01:04 PM
BabyDoc Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with Climateline Tubing
CPAP Pressure: 6.0 -16.0 CM
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

My first night was uneventful, except the CPAP didn't work for me. I had been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and was given a CPAP machine without ever having a titration study. (No time to do the study because I could only sleep the last 2 hours of the sleep study night). The initial machine was set for 7.0 cm and I was told to return in a month to get the titration study.
Instead, I pleaded for and got a machine exchange. My S9 Autoset was great from the first night I used it. No wonder the CPAP didn't work. I needed a much higher pressure, (I average 8-9) that the S9 delivered appropriately.
08-14-2012 01:30 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

(08-14-2012 01:04 PM)Tommy C Wrote:  Yes, the nasal pillows seem quite popular. I will probably try them once I get a handle on the S9 and full-face mask.

What brand and model of nasal pillow is the most popular with users here?

I also have a nasal mask and might try that again, now that the S9 back pressure is so easy.

T

I use the Breeze. The Swift and Swift LT are popular. I used it for several years but I love love my Breeze. And I can put it on one-handed which is helpful for me.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-14-2012 01:54 PM