Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How Was it For You ???
RE: How Was it For You ???
I was so excited at the possibility of a good nights sleep that I had prepped myself with lots of positive statements so that it would be a smooth transition. I was a bit anxious that it might be annoying, a pet peeve is the sound of a fan, but it went wonderfully and I slept so well. A miracle in my book.
Last week though after my 4th sleep study, since my apnea has continued to worsen, they set my air from 17 to 23 and I dispaired that I would ever get used to the hurricane force winds blowing on my face. Its been a long week, at first I woke up constantly, adjusting the mask and struggling to sleep. But last night I slept thru the night, a first good nights sleep in a long while.
Why the worsening of my apnea...wieght gain. This is something I have fought my entire life and feel so hopeless about. Being so tired all the time leaves no energy after work to do any exercise, even though I know it would help. So I continue to work on my sleep hygiene, adjusting to the new pressure settings and have hope that I can turn this around and at least not have to face the hurricane each night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2012, 12:40 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: As for my experience, I had a heckuva time finding the right mask. I had a lot of leaking at the top of my nose, right into my eyes. I was determined to not use nasal pillows but the rep finally talked me into it. I slept the first night with it all the way through and never woke up until morning.

Yes, the nasal pillows seem quite popular. I will probably try them once I get a handle on the S9 and full-face mask.

What brand and model of nasal pillow is the most popular with users here?

I also have a nasal mask and might try that again, now that the S9 back pressure is so easy.

T
Post Reply Post Reply
My first night was uneventful, except the CPAP didn't work for me. I had been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and was given a CPAP machine without ever having a titration study. (No time to do the study because I could only sleep the last 2 hours of the sleep study night). The initial machine was set for 7.0 cm and I was told to return in a month to get the titration study.
Instead, I pleaded for and got a machine exchange. My S9 Autoset was great from the first night I used it. No wonder the CPAP didn't work. I needed a much higher pressure, (I average 8-9) that the S9 delivered appropriately.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2012, 01:04 PM)Tommy C Wrote: Yes, the nasal pillows seem quite popular. I will probably try them once I get a handle on the S9 and full-face mask.

What brand and model of nasal pillow is the most popular with users here?

I also have a nasal mask and might try that again, now that the S9 back pressure is so easy.

T

I use the Breeze. The Swift and Swift LT are popular. I used it for several years but I love love my Breeze. And I can put it on one-handed which is helpful for me.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.