Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about generators and Aircurve 10 ASV.
Question about generators and Aircurve 10 ASV.
I have an Aircurve 10, ASV, I fill the humidifier to the max line, my tube temp is cranked. Max pressure is 13. If I purchase a generator to use in a power outage, during a snow storm; kept outside of course, I'm wondering if I could use my heated tube and humidifier.

My gel, marine batteries will not perform well during such cold conditions; it goes down to 2 degrees here sometimes, and it's usually in the teens and low 20s outside, here in New England. The reason I want to run the humidifier and heated tube, is because I'm skinny, cold intolerant, and breathing cold air hurts me badly. My lungs are sensitive to it, and my heat goes off in the house when the power goes off. It's usually about 20 degrees, in the house, in a storm.

Does anyone know the power draw on my machine? I went to ResMed, but it does not give info for this model. I don't care how much the genny costs, I'm planning on getting one that runs on gasoline. By the way, I usually sleep between 8 - 8.5 hours a night.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about generators and Aircurve 10 ASV.
The power draw of your machine running heated tube and humidifier will not exceed about 90 Watts; which is the rated input listed on the power brick.
Any generator can put out the power. The question is: What is the quality of that power?
You need a clean sine wave.
I was recently looking at generators; and I noted two types available. One type directly produced 120 VAC. The other produced a lower Voltage; then used a solid state up-converter to generate 120 VAC.
Which type produces the cleanest power (in terms of sine wave), I do not know.
For my purposes, which was to keep a refrigerator running, I would have chosen the former type.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Mongo. Going to shop around.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mongo, what is your take on the Honda eb2000i? It says it's good for sensitive electronics. I like that. Plus, it runs about 22 hours on one gallon of gas.
Post Reply Post Reply
For a Resmed machine you need either a gen like the Honda with an internal inverter, or gen with no invertor, and a seperate inverter inline between the gen and your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2016, 05:24 AM)JVinNE Wrote: Mongo, what is your take on the Honda eb2000i? It says it's good for sensitive electronics. I like that. Plus, it runs about 22 hours on one gallon of gas.

It is exactly the one I had in mind. I will likely get the same unit.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Mongo - I see that IEEE!!!! thing you got now. Sounds like Justin Wilson. Are you trying to tell us you is secretly a Cajun?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
That went over my head... IEEE is the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers.

This is a selfie of me: [Image: Justin_Wilson_%28chef%29.jpg]

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 129 2 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,291 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 279 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,235 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  reboot aircurve 10 luebcke 4 149 03-06-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.