Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FUll MASK UGH
FUll MASK UGH
The video says its really bad for side sleepers. Which kills it for me.
What experience have you had trying both. It seems like it has a ton
of issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FBeH1Vs0bk
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FUll MASK UGH
After two non-full face mask I tried a full face mask and I am a side sleeper. I would not go without a full face mask now.

I adjust my pillow to not cause problems and adjust the mask to fit as well as it can. I have tried several Full face mask and found two I can work with best.

Faces are such a wide range of shapes that the selection of a mask is a problem. Fitting without too much leakage and not causing skin problems is a big challenge.

A good supplier that you can try on different mask is worth paying for. You must try to learn what will work for you and it may be different from what the sales person thinks.

Try to understand that the mask needs to float on your face. By that I mean to say that the hard Parts of the mask are not touching when at pressure. Only the soft seal is on your skin.

1) This requires that the shape of the mask/seal fits your face.
2) The straps are not too tight or too loose.

Once you can get 1&2 done you can still expect to have some leaks.
Your skin may be oily, you may move around or the "New Mask Fairy" may want to sell you another mask.

It is worth it to me to keep trying to find the perfect mask. But I have calmed down a lot as I learn to work with what I have.

I use a full face mask:
1) I can not keep my mouth shut.
2) My nose was very hard to get air to pass, surgery helped.

I have added a neck brace to keep me from tucking my head when sleeping. This helps keep my airway open.

P.S. I hate all of this junk, but it works!

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
The video that you show above has the eyes covered as well which can bring even more leak problems and cause dry eyes. I would suggest, depending on your needs, that you try a full face which only covers nose and mouth. There is a learning curve on using each mask and how to tighten the straps and also fixing leaks but I tried the nasal masks and found the best for me, breathing through my mouth during the night, was the full face. I sleep on my side to avoid a lot of the obstructive events but adjusting the pillow and letting the mask hang over the side seems to help me sleep better. I have an airfit f10 full face and the cushion effect that touches your skin is really great for me, rather than the silicone feel of some masks.

Good luck and hope you get the right mask to work for you. Don't give up.
Post Reply Post Reply
gotta be opened minded and i do believe you. will give it a shot.

pressure can stay the same ?

i fix pillow let mask hang over side.

want mask leak below 10 now 20, cant sleep unless tired.

falling back to sleep after 5 hours is tough

i will let u know how i do

tanks

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2016, 09:14 AM)TheLionSleeps Wrote: The video that you show above has the eyes covered as well which can bring even more leak problems and cause dry eyes. I would suggest, depending on your needs, that you try a full face which only covers nose and mouth. There is a learning curve on using each mask and how to tighten the straps and also fixing leaks but I tried the nasal masks and found the best for me, breathing through my mouth during the night, was the full face. I sleep on my side to avoid a lot of the obstructive events but adjusting the pillow and letting the mask hang over the side seems to help me sleep better. I have an airfit f10 full face and the cushion effect that touches your skin is really great for me, rather than the silicone feel of some masks.

Good luck and hope you get the right mask to work for you. Don't give up.

Actually you can get dry eyes with any type of mask. The pressure, generally higher pressures, can leak out of what is commonly called the tear ducts and can dry the eyes. I have some of that leakage with my standard FFM but no dry eye.

I was surprised when the video person said that some patients suffered from dry eyes from the Filtlife mask. If it were a static system one should not get leakage through the tear ducts because you would have the same pressure on both ends of the tear duct but it is a dynamic system and that may not always be true.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP is not a normal thing. Just give it time. I got so much better that adjusting was only about 90 days. Now i worry about not having it.Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm brand new to using CPAP. I bought both a pillow mask and full face mask to try them both. I sleep on my side/stomach and haven't had a problem with either one. The full face is obviously more 'bulky' but it's stayed on just fine and I flip from one side to the other a lot without even being aware of it. I'm a mouth breather sometimes so the full face is good for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a Fitlife for quite a while.
You wont get dry eyes from one. Actually it was and is one of the most comfortable, leak free masks Ive had. Ive used Simplus, Mirage, Amara ffm, Dreamwear, Nuance, and Eson.
The reason i stopped using it had nothing to do with the mask.
Even with a good sized leak there is little no air movement in the Fitlife.
I sleep almost exclusively on my side.
The next best ffm is the Simplus.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 449 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,453 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 679 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 366 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 257 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 725 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.