Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How accurate is the AirSense 10/11 in detecting RERAs?
How accurate is the AirSense 10/11 in detecting RERAs?
I'm surprised they can detect them at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How accurate is the AirSense 10/11 in detecting RERAs?
Poor to the point it is questionable if they should even bother scoring them the way they do (due to people thinking they are scored remotely accurately).

These machines miss many that I would say are obvious RERAs (using only OSCAR/machine data) and if a person had EEG data I assume you would find many more that are not scored.

Some of the RERAs flagged do not obviously look like RERAs or occur post arousal etc as well so not only are they poor at accurately scoring RERAs a significant fraction of what they do score often is questionable.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How accurate is the AirSense 10/11 in detecting RERAs?
What the Resmed Autosets do well is record flow limitation, and if you know what you're doing you can probably pick out the RERA on the flow rate and flow limitation graphs. The actual flagged RERA events are very under-counted for most people that have 95% flow limitation above 0.2. or even 0.1.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 291 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 4 249 03-31-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  RERAs, RDI vs AHI in Oscar, flow limitations CPAPveteran 5 824 02-03-2024, 12:39 PM
Last Post: SomniumSusurrator
Question [Diagnosis] Why are my RDI/RERAs so High? rc102177 2 344 01-14-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,338 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Recommendations for (fairly) accurate sleep trackers? SleepyMcDonald 1 490 11-08-2023, 10:59 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Increased RERAs Uzupan 0 389 08-22-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.