Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How accurate is the data shown in SleepyHead?
Smile 
How accurate is the data shown in SleepyHead?
I'm asking this question because the downloaded data appears good on the charts, but from a cursory view I noticed one discrepancy. The pressure shows a constant low of 6.00 across the board, but I know that the pressure drops to 3.x because I've seen it on the CPAP display. So this question really has to do with what is the exact data downloaded from the SD card, and what exact data does the CPAP store on the SD card? Is SleepyHead merely getting whatever data is stored with an import? Or is there something I am missing? Should I have set it up as APAP vs CPAP? (I don't believe the machine is an APAP).

My CPAP is set to a pressure of 7.0 when inhaling and 3.0 when exhaling. My CPAP is the DeVilbiss intelliPAP DV54D and the OS is Win8.1Pro.
sm  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How accurate is the data shown in SleepyHead?
It would help if you could post your chart from sleepyhead. There are links below to show how to arrange the charts and download to here.

Welcome to Apnea Board by the way.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I cannot answer why you have a discrepancy between the data and on-screen information, however the DevilBiss DV54D-HHS is an IntelliPAP AutoAdjust with Heated Humidification with SmartLink Module & Data Card. So it is an auto CPAP. You can order the clinical manual at the CPAP Setup Manuals link. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

I believe the minimum pressure this machine puts out is 4 cm, but if you are using some form of pressure relief, then it may have momentary drops below that threshold. It might be interesting to put it into Auto CPAP mode, perhaps 6-10 pressure and see what you get.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2017, 09:00 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: It would help if you could post your chart from sleepyhead. There are links below to show how to arrange the charts and download to here.

Welcome to Apnea Board by the way.

I've attached my screenshot. I arranged the graphs to show the 3 pressure related. With a closer look, the minimum pressure of 6.00 is really bogus, as it happens only on startup. So then, after that the pressure stays at 7.00.  So then my question is why does the data show this, rather than the fluctuating pressure I get throughout the night?
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I think I know whats going on. You have the Smart Flex set at mode 2. This only gives you Flex during the ramp time. The first few minutes your getting it while your ramp is at 4 so it's not being recorded. After the pressure goes up to 7cm the flex is turned off. Change your flex mode to 1 and see if it shows up on sleepyhead.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I will add to this that your obstructive apnea seems to be begging for some higher pressure. Adding pressure relief means you need to increase minimum pressure or go to auto mode.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not quite there yet. When I get to the smartflex menu, it only has "delay only" or "full time" and it is set to "full time." The other 3 items are IRND, ERND and pressure setting, all set to 3. It sounds to me like the mode 2 you are talking about is the full-time setting. So I still don't know what to do.
Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't know what to tell you than. Maybe SleepyHead does't pick up the flex on your machine.

Also I agree with Sleeprider on raising your pressure.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Concerning the pressure, it was set by the physician and sleep lab. I measured my O2 level, and it stays above 88% now. If it works, why should I change it? During lab test they tried higher pressures and it was uncomfortable and caused leaks. I'm not sure what you believe will be accomplished by higher pressures. What exactly on my screenshot are you seeing there is still a problem?

Concerning the OP issue. I wonder if anyone else with a devilbiss has this problem? I also wonder if I can look at raw data to find out if the issue is on the SD card. Do you know where exactly (what file stored on the SD card) that sleepyhead is getting this pressure info?
Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry can't help you with the files on the SD.

As far as your pressures being raised the reason is the less Apnea events the better the sleep. But it's only advice. If your happy with your settings than more power to you.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 86 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 192 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,031 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  "Mode and pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." manders513 5 723 08-06-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: manders513
  Cheyne-Stokes not shown on OSCAR w/ new Autosense 10 !! JoyD. 2 520 02-26-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: JoyD.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.