Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How best to optimize the Aircurve VAUTO Ti max/min?
How best to optimize the Aircurve VAUTO Ti max/min?
I switched from Airsense 10 to Aircurve VAUTO due to aerophagia problems.  I have complex apnea and have found settings that have minimized the CA's and brought the AHI finally to under 5.0.  Night before no Centrals (first time in over 3 years) and last night only 1.  Two nights in the past week I was only up once (also first times in last 3 years).  A few nights ago I changed the Ti settings from original to 2.5 Max., .3 Min., and Trigger High with Cycle still at Med.  I have attached a bad night from before the changes and one from last night.  Not sure how best to adjust the Ti settings for better results, but, it appears to me that my charts are showing higher 95% Exp. Time than I have set so does it make sense to increase that setting (Ti Max.) to at least 3.0 or something else?  Thanks in advance for all the past help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How best to optimize the Aircurve VAUTO Ti max/min?
I had the same question recently, but never got an answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hang in there Slowriter as I'm positive there will be some great suggestions on this thread...
Post Reply Post Reply
I pulled this from another source. I used it help me stop my machine from going into EPAP mode before I was ready to exhale. All I can say is that it worked. I also used this to change my trigger settings. This took a bit of experimentation

"Ti Max 2.0s is something I would look at.. You can get real-time inspiration time while using the machine. Click the knob and turn the dial until you get the screen that shows the Ti values. You can see real-time Ti and also what % are you within the range of 0.3-2.0. If you inhale more than 2.0s with the current setting then it will switch to EPAP. Try it.. take a deep breath and see if you can get it to switch to EPAP while breathing it and if it seems too quick.

To me, I do not find it comfortable breathing in and then the pressure drops... even though rarely I would inhale more than 2.0s -- (2.0s seems to be a common default setting). So I set it to a higher value (3.0 or 3.5s) so that it just never happens. As long as I am inhaling I want the IPAP pressure and 3-3.5s is more than enough time.

The "benefit" of accurate Ti values is if you have a large leak.. then the unit will look at the Ti min/max to guess as best as it can when you are done inhaling to switch to EPAP. I dont have large leaks and if I do, i wake up and fix it. If you have large leaks and sleep through them, then the aircurve is a good unit and you want accurate Ti numbers and to spend more time on it. But for me, I like 3.0 or more so it never cycles too early and I lose the benefit of large leak.

Also, I like my sensitivity on "cycle" to be "very high" and not "medium". Just play around with it.. it is personal preference. With a high sensitivity it will cycle to EPAP quickly.. I do not like the feeling of exhaling into pressure so I want it to cycle quickly... with medium, it would take some extra milliseconds and I did not like that. I could have lived with it on medium, but why not make it as comfortable as possible? You can play with the trigger.. trigger is how sensitive the unit is to switching to IPAP. I tried the various settings and found medium to be the correct one."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Holden4th - Really good info and explanation - I'll slowly play with the settings to try and find the best "FIT" for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2019, 06:35 PM)TexasTiger Wrote: Thanks Holden4th - Really good info and explanation - I'll slowly play with the settings to try and find the best "FIT" for me.

Dear Sir:

How are your cycle and trigger setting for now? High or very High? I wanna drop my CA, thanx
Post Reply Post Reply

Sorry for the delay in answering your question - have been fighting other problems and just now back to attempting to try to set mine better.....

Setting was on "Med" but going to high with Ti max at 3.5.  Been fighting much higher AHI & CAs for 6 months now - cannot get AHI average under 5 and running 9-20 most of the nights.  Have been told on this forum many times that Bi-Level will not handle the centrals but it is my only choice unless I want to buy an ASV myself without a prescription.  I do believe that we can make Bi-Level work better than the regular CPAP but it will not do as well as an ASV.  Good luck with setting yours - will post more charts when things look better than this one from last night.  Been having poor sleep for over 4 years now and still working with doctors to determine the cause - combination of urinary and digestive system - still trying to rule out CPAP induced bloating issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
just a reminder: trigger set to high or very high is the vauto setting most likely to result in fewer ca.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's better than what I got out of a BPAP. I do recall as sheepless mentions about the trigger being set to high or very high lowers CA.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
TexasTiger - I highly recommend that you block out your name when posting images and please upgrade to OSCAR 1.1.1. There are major fixes compared to your current version.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.