Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for some insight and help with data
Looking for some insight and help with data
Hi all (also have posted this to a DME-owned forum ),

I need some help with my Oscar data and machine settings. Just looking for some insight.

I've had it about 6 months, and got into the data a couple weeks ago after feeling frustrated that my sleep health dropped significantly a few weeks ago.

I have an appointment with my pulmonologist tomorrow, but I'm posting this here for some more perspective and to learn more.

I had made some tweaks to the machine to hopefully make things a little better but it's negligible. I understand that I may need an asv as well.

Thank you for having a look

I have Oscar data for a few nights attached*

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for some insight and help with data
You need to post your Oscar charts by clicking on add new attachments and add your Oscar chart
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Are the images attached not what needs to be attached?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ruckusmaroon, you have mixed events, but I think your problem is "positional apnea" because all of the events seem to occur in transitional sleep at the beginning or end of therapy, usually before there is any possibility you are asleep, and you have a very high 95% flow limitation over 0.20. This all infers a high airway resistance or obstruction, not central apnea, and it is likely because you are using too many pillows or find some way of sleeping that causes chin-tucking or other acute angles that cut-off the airway. Here are a couple links to our wikis to consider. I think we need to address the positional apnea potential before investigating other avenues of optimization.

Positional Apnea: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you sleeprider. Good insight in the wiki there, which might be reasoning why it feels relatively inconsistent.

I do only sleep with 1 pillow and I have been making a real effort to sleep on my side and not my back but likely that isn't enough.

I'm going to go get a collar and give it a shot tonight and hopefully that will help me.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have seen members that mainly sleep on their side, but get into a fetal tuck that obstructs the airway. It helps to really analyze whether you feel like you have a clear airway in any sleep position, then adjust accordingly. We can always look at some zoomed images to see how these clusters evolve to really see whether it is obstructive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Looking for Oscar data insight SleepyJeff 4 181 03-09-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: SleepyJeff
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
Video [Treatment] Looking for Insight on my CPAP data scarcityj 6 401 01-16-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: scarcityj
  Wanting additional insight on what might be causing me to be so tired relia 4 647 09-27-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New User - Seeking some insight RER9372 4 674 06-16-2023, 03:04 PM
Last Post: RER9372
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.