Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How can I know what pressure my machine is set at?
When I first got my machine, after my sleep study, it was determined I should be at 8, so I came home on a fixed setting at 8. However, after 6 weeks I was still having high AHI 15-20. They told me they were going to switch it to a variable between 8-12 or 8-13.

My question is.....can I tell by looking at my machine if they did that? It's still showing 8.0 cmH20 when I turn it on.....

2 weeks after they told me they were changing settings my AHI still high. Last night it was 19.

I have Phillips Respironics REMstar Auto A-flex System One.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2015, 05:04 PM)Daisylouu Wrote: My question is.....can I tell by looking at my machine if they did that? It's still showing 8.0 cmH20 when I turn it on.....
Yes, from the clinical menu
Get hold of the clinical manual, available via email, scroll to section three
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Instruction and video
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

SleepyHead software, also shows the machine settings and much more
You need to find the breakdown of AHI .... obstructive, clear airways, hypopnea and leaks
The link is at the top of the page

Post Reply Post Reply
if you had it set to 8-12 or 8-13, it would start at 8, and the screen would say 8 when you start. later, if you watched it thru the night, it would display higher pressures as it changed.
Post Reply Post Reply

(07-04-2015, 02:18 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: later, if you watched it thru the night, it would display higher pressures as it changed.

Yes, but you'd be asleep so you wouldn't see the changes. Grin
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Daisylouu,
If you download the sleepyhead software, then you can see your pressure changes during the night,
along with other data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead is great for seeing the pressure variations as well as the events causing the changes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 26 15,794 06-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Jstuts5797
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 11 541 06-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  [Pressure] What is the theoritical correct pressure for a fixed pressure CPAP? Rcgop 13 700 05-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: ajack
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 13 844 05-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Which disturbs sleep most? High Pressure or Changing Pressure Rcgop 7 2,355 11-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  [Pressure] Adjusting pressure on RESmart CPAP machine garyd86421 5 1,157 10-20-2016, 10:32 AM
Last Post: garyd86421
  Lower max pressure affecting pressure increases Rcgop 9 1,096 07-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Last Post: green wings