Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How can I read the information on my SD card ??
Smile 
How can I read the information on my SD card ??
First let me apologize if I'm not supposed to questions yet, as I'm a new member. I don't usually go on forums, so I'm not familiar with proper chatroom etiquette.

This apnea stuff is all new to me, as I was diagnosed only a couple months ago. Since I like to know what is going on with MY body, I would like to know what kind of DATA is being recorded on the SD card.
I downloaded "sleepyhead", but it only displays the model of my machine, and claims there's "NO DATA"

Is there a program that will show my breathing cycles during the night?
My machine is a "REMstar Plus (system One 60 Series) (261CA) V3.06

Sorry again for just jumping in, but this is a huge website that would take me days to go through.
Thank-you, Dan.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How can I read the information on my SD card ??
Hi Hemi, welcome to the forum!

Our entire reason for being is to try to answer questions for guys just like you.

I'm going to pass on your no-data question though. Someone more familiar with your machine will be around that can address that with you.

Welcome again...
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 05:35 PM)hemi43 Wrote: Is there a program that will show my breathing cycles during the night?
Not the program, its the machine
REMstar Plus 261 is not data capable machine
Models above 461 are data capable machine

Archangle:Machine Choices
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi hemi43,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Don't be sorry about asking questions on this board, that's what we're here for.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank-you for the replies.
I actually just found out that my Doctor is recommending an APAP machine, and I will be picking up a loaner machine on Monday to try it out for a month. I will have to pay the difference out of pocket, but if it means my health, it will be worth it. This is scary stuff, as I've just turned 50 and never been sick a day in my life and thought I was invincible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only scary if you don't know about it and treat it Hemi, you will do great.

Congrats on the new machine. Once you start getting some results give a shout out and we'll help you in any way we can.

The only thing still scary to me about any of this is how long I spent not getting decent sleep, driving around half awake or worse, and the toll it was taking on my high-school type body (55 years wear and tear excluded).

..and what exactly is the "difference" thing? The prices on the top line Resmed S9 Autoset are dropping considerably, so don't be paying 3 tons and a bunch. Check out the pricing with our on-line suppliers so you go armed into the breach.

2nd ...and: If you happen to be on Medicare, they are scamming you if they say you have to pay more. Medicare has a standard allowance for whatever machine your doc prescribes. The DME doesn't get to charge you more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 05:35 PM)hemi43 Wrote: First let me apologize if I'm not supposed to questions yet, as I'm a new member. I don't usually go on forums, so I'm not familiar with proper chatroom etiquette.

Nothing to apologize for Dan. You are doing exactly the right things for your point in therapy. In fact I'm impressed with your interest in being informed and taking charge of your progress. I hope you get a data capable device and become comfortable with the process. Welcome aboard!

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Hemi, it's good you are getting sorted with a new APAP machine.
Don't worry most of us have felt like you have at younger and older ages but we all muddle our way through it because we know it's worth it for our health's sake.

Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones and take to it all like a duck to water but if by chance you have a few problems just bare with it, take it easy and take one day at a time.

You have come to the right place for asking all your questions, this is the best forum for excellent, friendly help.
Good luck to you...
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I found out about my APNEA in an odd way. As soon as I turned 50, I booked myself in for a colonoscopy just for preventive measures. I was told by the Doctor doing the procedure that I had stopped breathing while under anesthesia,so I got sent for a sleep test. This is all within the past few months. As far as the price difference between a CPAP and APAP machine, I was told it would be around $300. I live in Canada, so I don't have medicare. My CPAP was in fact paid 100% by our health plan, but since I've had it for a couple months now they wont let me upgrade free even though this was requested by my Doctor.
Dan
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 05:35 PM)hemi43 Wrote: . . .
This apnea stuff is all new to me, as I was diagnosed only a couple months ago. Since I like to know what is going on with MY body, I would like to know what kind of DATA is being recorded on the SD card.
I downloaded "sleepyhead", but it only displays the model of my machine, and claims there's "NO DATA"

Is there a program that will show my breathing cycles during the night?
. . .

Hi Dan,
Welcome to the forum. You have found a great place to ask questions and get some answers. Over and over, people post here that they got more and better info here than they got from their Sleep "Professionals".

A few days ago, I posted some recommendations to another new PAPer. Since she is in the US, not quite everything would apply to you, but most does:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid81722

Good luck on your journey - just finding this forum is a great start.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,798 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 287 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 443 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,190 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 486 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Humidifier - Basic information nobody writes about fotjon 1 602 10-15-2023, 02:52 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Question about how AirSense 10 acquires information. paulag1955 5 457 10-07-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.