Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How can I reduce my AHI
RE: How can I reduce my AHI
Yes certainly, take the adjustment in smaller steps. Nothing from me would contradict Stacey. And do try the collar.

When you're able, post an OSCAR summary that shows settings over time and has your event stats as well. I'm wanting to see what trends the Centrals have taken.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will do this.
Thanks a lot.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
From Mayo Clinic website:

• CPAP. Some people with obstructive sleep apnea develop central sleep apnea while using continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP). This condition is known as treatment-emergent central sleep apnea. It is a combination of obstructive and central sleep apneas.
    For most people, treatment-emergent central sleep apnea goes away with continued use of a CPAP device. Other people may be treated with a different kind of positive airway pressure therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to give you a practical demonstration of the pressure a CPAP can develop do the following.

Get a tall glass of water and a straw. Now put the straw near the bottom and blow some bubbles. Assuming the straw is 8 inches deep you just exhaled against the max pressure your machine can generate, 20 cmw

I'm not saying you cannot have trouble with pressure or flow, just that the pressures that are developed are really really low.}
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem is that I m back and slide sleeper, and than I turn right and left, it feels too much pressure for me. Since I turned up min pressure, in the last two mornings I wake up with bad dizziness and feel pressure in my head, that wasn't before.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2021, 05:10 AM)Zsolt Wrote:  Since I turned up min pressure, in the last two mornings I wake up with bad dizziness and feel pressure in my head, that wasn't before.
Post those OSCAR results.  We can't really tell how you really did without both the OSCAR data and how you feel.

I sleep all over as well back, side, and back again.

Let me back up and speak to you differently in general.  We have all been here.  It is not a normal feeling, we get it.  I mean a few months ago you slept in the bed without a strange mask on your face and no machine next to your bed.  You thought for the longest time all was well, I did too.  During that time without CPAP your body was use to the issues created by you not actually breathing.  In honesty your body was fighting to keep you alive.  So there will be some adjusting for you and your body.  Watch this video to get a real idea of what OSA is like https://youtu.be/EDorWmdxnZE

Read my story here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid399821

We are trying to help you navigate the treatment.  Some people take to treatment right away some don't.  Some people come here after they have reached their wits end trying to feel better.  A lot of people come here because their doctors don't educate them enough.  So its a journey for all of us.  Its not a magic night or day you just wake up all better.

So the thing is we are just trying to help you find the right pressure to keep your airway open so your body can breathe easily.  We all suffered the same.  The people are here because we want to help others make it and get better.

if you cant handle 8 do 5.  When you get ok with 5 do 6.  Just keep at it..  Its a Marathon not a sprint.

Sleep-well
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2021, 05:10 AM)Zsolt Wrote: Since I turned up min pressure, in the last two mornings I wake up with bad dizziness and feel pressure in my head

This is commonly a symptom of too little pressure.  It could also be too little EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
True. That could be air starvation. I'm not at all certain 5-8 cmH2O would be enough to cause dizziness or headaches.

PS I looked over that summary from earlier on in the thread. You are dealing with some rather consistent Central events that is a bit troubling and complicates matters. The summary states that CA have been from about 2.5-4.9, which is without including the obstructives. Overall AHI was between 7.67-14.78 over the past several months. And it appears the CA are making up about half this fairly consistently. Me thinks this is maybe a mixed apnea scenario. Open to thoughts from others...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, it is in me., I also feel like I'm breathing thru a straw. At low for me pressures.,
Post Reply Post Reply
You are exactly right. I think the same. Complex sleep apnea or treatment-emergent sleep central apnea (TESCA). On Dreammapper seen (that is rather predict) last two days 6.75 CA 63/125 > 50 %, 6.17 CA 46/91>50 %.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 2 47 Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,341 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 638 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to reduce flow limitations yankees123 5 395 02-27-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Treatment] Struggling to reduce Clear Airway events codebread 6 977 02-23-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to reduce drooling? ATeam91 6 518 01-24-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 680 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.