How can I see the AHI value on "Sleep Report" window in ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset ?
tommyngo Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage FX Nasal Mask
Humidifier: Included with machine
CPAP Pressure: 5 - 20 cm H2O Auto
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
How can I see the AHI value on "Sleep Report" window in ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset ?
I just picked up my new ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset after using a trial ResMed 10 for 30 days lease .

On the "Sleep Report" screen of this new machine, , I saw 4 items listed :

_Usage hours
_Mask Seal Icon
_Humidifier Icon
_"MyAir" ( i.e. a wirefire connection to ResMed , I guess )

How can I do the following :

1) See the AHI on the "Sleep Report" screen .

2) To turn off "MyAir"

Thanks.
08-27-2015 07:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
GingerMan512 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto
Humidifier: Yes
CPAP Pressure: 5-11
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

RE: How can I see the AHI value on "Sleep Report" window in ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset ?
From the main menu hold down the home and dial buttons for about 5 seconds until the clinician menu appears. Then you will see AHI listed in the sleep report menu.

I haven't noticed it but I'd assume that you can disable myair in the settings menu while also in clinician mode.
08-27-2015 07:19 AM
MobileBasset Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AIRCURVE 10 V Auto
Mask Make & Model: Fisher Paykel Zest
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 10 (minE 6,maxI 12, PS 3)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

RE: How can I see the AHI value on "Sleep Report" window in ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset ?
I have an AirCurve 10 so yours might be different but in the Clinicians Menu I also have the option to turn "Essentials" to "PLUS". This allows AHI and other detailed info to show on the regular results screen so I don't have to go to the Clinicians Menu every time.

So their plan was to have to give us permission to look at our own data on our own machine!! Isn't it just a crime that manufactures and clinicians (and, to be truthful, doctors also) conspire against us in this way????

if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
08-27-2015 07:37 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
tommyngo Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

[quote='GingerMan512' pid='129085' dateline='1440677990']

I went to the Clinician's Menu but did not see any option to turn off the MyAir connection ! Am I missing something here ? Please inform , Thanks.
08-27-2015 07:59 AM
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

The MyAir menu option is just a spam/blurb for their MyAir service. The only way to shut off the transmitting of the data is to put the machine into Airplane mode.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
08-27-2015 08:04 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
tommyngo Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

[quote='MobileBasset' pid='129088' dateline='1440679048']

Thanks ,'MobileBasset, ..Yes I saw the AHI in the normal "Sleep Report" screen after switching the option "Essentials" to " Plus" in the Clinician's Menu !

However, I could not find the option to switch off the MyAir connection ! I may miss something ?

BTW, you are so right : they try to rip us off with this gimmick "Clinician's menu" and the Rescan software ! ResMed sells its devices through third party stores and these guys double ResMed's retail prices !!

I bought a ResMed nasal face mask Mirage FX for 125. $ on the Intenet 2 weeks ago . The store in my town sells the same mask at 289. $ !!
There are lots of sharks out there .

I thank Apneaboard.com every night for the excellent infos & guidance from the wonderfully compassionate community we have here !
08-27-2015 08:14 AM
tommyngo Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

(08-27-2015 08:04 AM)AlanE Wrote:  The MyAir menu option is just a spam/blurb for their MyAir service. The only way to shut off the transmitting of the data is to put the machine into Airplane mode.

Thanks , AlanE .

I could not make MyAir disappear on the screen ..But you are right, the W-F connection is cut off if I switch to "Airplane Mode" .

I just wonder if the item "MyAir" can ever be made disappeared from the screen altogether ?
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2015 08:38 AM by tommyngo.)
08-27-2015 08:25 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Not from anything we can access. Though if you find a way to upload custom firmware to the machine, let us know. Smile

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
08-27-2015 08:29 AM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(08-27-2015 07:37 AM)MobileBasset Wrote:  I have an AirCurve 10 so yours might be different but in the Clinicians Menu I also have the option to turn "Essentials" to "PLUS". This allows AHI and other detailed info to show on the regular results screen so I don't have to go to the Clinicians Menu every time.

So their plan was to have to give us permission to look at our own data on our own machine!! Isn't it just a crime that manufactures and clinicians (and, to be truthful, doctors also) conspire against us in this way????

I had a mask fitting one day last week and the tech told me that they had a customer who called every day asking why his AHI had changed that night. One day it's 1.8, the next it's 3.2. Why'd it go up like that? What makes it go down some nights and up others?

I can see why some people shouldn't be looking at their AHI. Oh-jeez

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-27-2015 10:53 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
MobileBasset Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AIRCURVE 10 V Auto
Mask Make & Model: Fisher Paykel Zest
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 10 (minE 6,maxI 12, PS 3)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(08-27-2015 10:53 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  
(08-27-2015 07:37 AM)MobileBasset Wrote:  I have an AirCurve 10 so yours might be different but in the Clinicians Menu I also have the option to turn "Essentials" to "PLUS". This allows AHI and other detailed info to show on the regular results screen so I don't have to go to the Clinicians Menu every time.

I had a mask fitting one day last week and the tech told me that they had a customer who called every day asking why his AHI had changed that night. One day it's 1.8, the next it's 3.2. Why'd it go up like that? What makes it go down some nights and up others?

I can see why some people shouldn't be looking at their AHI. Oh-jeez

So the tech did not educate this customer? And evidently neither did the doctor.
That's just another symptom of the problem. A diabetic who required insulin would not be sent home with the tools but no information on how to interpret the basic control measurement.
Sorry, I know I'm preaching to the choir.

I do believe however that someone who doesn't want to be involved in the therapy will not even look at the stats. When they want to look at the stats they deserve to be educated to interpret them.

if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
08-28-2015 07:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  airsense 10 autoset malfunction? sonicboom 50 9,861 Today 06:52 PM
Last Post: mysleepapnea
  Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet edmund36 5 177 Yesterday 08:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 Badjo17 26 2,562 12-04-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: Arnie51
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,297 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Accuracy of Resmed AS10 vs Sleep Study Type IMSleeplessInSeattle 5 461 11-28-2016 12:11 AM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  First SleepyHead report for S9 Autoset Lanco 41 1,738 11-27-2016 05:11 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Quit Working SherrieR 4 271 11-26-2016 07:51 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred