Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How can I see the AHI value on "Sleep Report" window in ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset ?
RE: How can I see the AHI value on "Sleep Report" window in ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset ?
(08-27-2015, 10:53 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I had a mask fitting one day last week and the tech told me that they had a customer who called every day asking why his AHI had changed that night. One day it's 1.8, the next it's 3.2. Why'd it go up like that? What makes it go down some nights and up others?

I can see why some people shouldn't be looking at their AHI. Oh-jeez

I mean let's be fair at least the person is asking questions as a pose to making assumptions, sure it is silly to think that every night is going to be identical but at least they are trying to learn.

But with that said just because there are some silly people doesn't mean that people who are interested in data and changes should have a hard time getting access to the data that is their data that is saved but the app won't show. For example I started using an Airsense 11 recently, I know my numbers are going to fluctuate specially while getting use to having just started. The first few weeks I noticed a treed with the AHI where if I had caffeine right before bed my AHI would be sub 5, if I had caffeine at lunch time but not before bed then it would be between 10-13, but if I had no caffeine at all that day it would be 20-24. So I am kind of curious as to what the cause and effect may be going on, I am 100% aware that correlation does not mean causation but it is still interesting to me that the numbers are showing exactly how I felt prior to starting on a CPAP that I felt like I got better sleep when I had caffeine. While seeing the AHI correlating with how I have always felt about my sleep for the many decades of not realizing how bad my sleeping is I am curious how it effects the three different numbers that makes up that AHI, the obstructive, central, and partial breathing events, which is data I can pull up in the clinicians menu that is not otherwise viewable in the app. Because while seeing that over 7.23 hours I averaged 9.5 events per hour or a total of 69 events is interesting, seeing that in that 7.23 hours of that 9.5 an hours 6.1 (44 total) was obstructive, 3.0 (22 total) central, and 0.4 (3 total) partial breathing makes for a lot clearer picture as to what cause and effect the caffeine intake may be causing so that when I do have my follow up appointment I can go "hey while it probably has nothing to do with anything, I noticed that the closer to bed I have my daily soda my central apneas drop 70% but my obstructive apneas increase slightly, is this information useful as to how the machine needs adjusted or my habits should be modified to help get the desired results?" because well unless I take note of any habit changes and how it effects the numbers it is not like the doctor is going to be able to mind read to know what potential habits are causing what, the more detailed I can be about what I am seeing on my end the better issues can be narrowed down and resolved. The doctor knowing hey the night I had an AHI of 4.5 I had downed a soda as I was laying down for bed and the very next night that 4.5 jumped up to 28.4 a 530% increase was a day I didn't have any caffeine at all then maybe he would know I need to focus on my caffeine addiction to help with the apnea issue. And I remind you again I am 100% aware that correlation does not mean causation and it could just be total coincidence but seeing as it matches how I feel after sleep it is still useful information to let the doctor know if that continues to be the trend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 495 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,849 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 184 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 580 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.