Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How can I see the AHI value on "Sleep Report" window in ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset ?
How can I see the AHI value on "Sleep Report" window in ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset ?

I just picked up my new ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset after using a trial ResMed 10 for 30 days lease .

On the "Sleep Report" screen of this new machine, , I saw 4 items listed :

_Usage hours
_Mask Seal Icon
_Humidifier Icon
_"MyAir" ( i.e. a wirefire connection to ResMed , I guess )

How can I do the following :

1) See the AHI on the "Sleep Report" screen .

2) To turn off "MyAir"

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How can I see the AHI value on "Sleep Report" window in ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset ?
From the main menu hold down the home and dial buttons for about 5 seconds until the clinician menu appears. Then you will see AHI listed in the sleep report menu.

I haven't noticed it but I'd assume that you can disable myair in the settings menu while also in clinician mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How can I see the AHI value on "Sleep Report" window in ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset ?
I have an AirCurve 10 so yours might be different but in the Clinicians Menu I also have the option to turn "Essentials" to "PLUS". This allows AHI and other detailed info to show on the regular results screen so I don't have to go to the Clinicians Menu every time.

So their plan was to have to give us permission to look at our own data on our own machine!! Isn't it just a crime that manufactures and clinicians (and, to be truthful, doctors also) conspire against us in this way????
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='GingerMan512' pid='129085' dateline='1440677990']

I went to the Clinician's Menu but did not see any option to turn off the MyAir connection ! Am I missing something here ? Please inform , Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
The MyAir menu option is just a spam/blurb for their MyAir service. The only way to shut off the transmitting of the data is to put the machine into Airplane mode.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='MobileBasset' pid='129088' dateline='1440679048']

Thanks ,'MobileBasset, ..Yes I saw the AHI in the normal "Sleep Report" screen after switching the option "Essentials" to " Plus" in the Clinician's Menu !

However, I could not find the option to switch off the MyAir connection ! I may miss something ?

BTW, you are so right : they try to rip us off with this gimmick "Clinician's menu" and the Rescan software ! ResMed sells its devices through third party stores and these guys double ResMed's retail prices !!

I bought a ResMed nasal face mask Mirage FX for 125. $ on the Intenet 2 weeks ago . The store in my town sells the same mask at 289. $ !!
There are lots of sharks out there .

I thank Apneaboard.com every night for the excellent infos & guidance from the wonderfully compassionate community we have here !
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2015, 08:04 AM)AlanE Wrote: The MyAir menu option is just a spam/blurb for their MyAir service. The only way to shut off the transmitting of the data is to put the machine into Airplane mode.

Thanks , AlanE .

I could not make MyAir disappear on the screen ..But you are right, the W-F connection is cut off if I switch to "Airplane Mode" .

I just wonder if the item "MyAir" can ever be made disappeared from the screen altogether ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Not from anything we can access. Though if you find a way to upload custom firmware to the machine, let us know. Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2015, 07:37 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: I have an AirCurve 10 so yours might be different but in the Clinicians Menu I also have the option to turn "Essentials" to "PLUS". This allows AHI and other detailed info to show on the regular results screen so I don't have to go to the Clinicians Menu every time.

So their plan was to have to give us permission to look at our own data on our own machine!! Isn't it just a crime that manufactures and clinicians (and, to be truthful, doctors also) conspire against us in this way????

I had a mask fitting one day last week and the tech told me that they had a customer who called every day asking why his AHI had changed that night. One day it's 1.8, the next it's 3.2. Why'd it go up like that? What makes it go down some nights and up others?

I can see why some people shouldn't be looking at their AHI. Oh-jeez
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2015, 10:53 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 07:37 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: I have an AirCurve 10 so yours might be different but in the Clinicians Menu I also have the option to turn "Essentials" to "PLUS". This allows AHI and other detailed info to show on the regular results screen so I don't have to go to the Clinicians Menu every time.

I had a mask fitting one day last week and the tech told me that they had a customer who called every day asking why his AHI had changed that night. One day it's 1.8, the next it's 3.2. Why'd it go up like that? What makes it go down some nights and up others?

I can see why some people shouldn't be looking at their AHI. Oh-jeez

So the tech did not educate this customer? And evidently neither did the doctor.
That's just another symptom of the problem. A diabetic who required insulin would not be sent home with the tools but no information on how to interpret the basic control measurement.
Sorry, I know I'm preaching to the choir.

I do believe however that someone who doesn't want to be involved in the therapy will not even look at the stats. When they want to look at the stats they deserve to be educated to interpret them.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 349 5 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 180 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.