Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New CPAP user
New CPAP user
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Hi everyone my name is Adam and I’ve been using my new CPAP machine for 4 days now. I’ve adjusted to it pretty well and it really doesn’t hinder my sleep at all (I’m practically falling asleep before I even go to bed anyways). I’ve been getting great scores every night according to myAir, I haven’t gotten below an 80% for a night. Every night my score keeps increasing. The only thing is I am not sure how well it’s helping yet... I still am tired throughout the day but I’m able to wake up a lot easier and feel either the same or just a little bit more rested. I do notice that I have a bit more motivation during the day however. I haven’t received the results from my sleepover at the lab and how many events per hour I had there but they’re relatively low according to myAir. How long should I expect until I start experience results? Thank you![/font][/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user
It takes awhile for your body to recover from years without restful sleep. You can download sleepyhead software free on the link below. It will give you much more feedback than My air can give you. welcome to Apnea Board.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi adamah1234, and welcome to Apnea Board. It does take time to have a CPAP begin to show results. This is normal. Your time will vary when you see positive results. I would suggest getting Sleepyhead to post a graph so you can show us what your machine is doing overnight. It's free and it helps us advise on adjustments that may be needed. Oh, and those adjustments can be made by you. Best to near future successes.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Hi!
Different person, different therapy, different results, like they all said download sleepyhead and post some charts. The pros will guide in the right direction. Good luck! Bag-head snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. Start understanding your sleep via sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2018, 09:33 PM)tedvpap Wrote: Welcome to the forum.  Start understanding your sleep via sleepyhead.

And, of course, reading the beginner's guide: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

It's mentioned in many people's sig lines, and it is very useful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,457 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,022 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,003 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,587 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.