Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How did your body feel before CPAP?
How did your body feel before CPAP?
Hello all. Hope you are doing well. I was wondering, how did you guys feel before recovering with the CPAP? How long did it take to feel better? I've heard that for some it is instant and for others it's a gradual process. Also, before, did your body "pop" more often, involuntarily? Thanks Smile

- a 27 year old cpap newbie, trying to feel good again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How did your body feel before CPAP?
(07-17-2016, 05:57 PM)NukaColaCaps Wrote: Hello all. Hope you are doing well. I was wondering, how did you guys feel before recovering with the CPAP? How long did it take to feel better? I've heard that for some it is instant and for others it's a gradual process. Also, before, did your body "pop" more often, involuntarily? Thanks Smile

Pop ? Huhsign
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
You know, like your joints? Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm so confused! Too-funny

Are you talking about periodic limb movements?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2016, 06:05 PM)NukaColaCaps Wrote: You know, like your joints? Smile

I only have joint pain in my right hand: Dupuytren's Contracture; the positive airway pressure has had no effect on it.

I did not feel bad before I started therapy, but I defiantly feel better and sleep better because of therapy.

I actually felt worse for the first six weeks and then about the same for the next six weeks I started seeing some benefit from therapy.
around week thirteen ( 3 months )

How are you feeling now?

Welcome
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you keep your mouth shut, pinch your nose closed, and try to exhale while your CPAP is in use, then you might get a "pop" in your ears. (maybe eyes also).. Don't see anywhere in CPAP therapy where a "pop" might deserve a description.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys, sorry for the confusion. I just meant popping as in, your leg pops or say popping your knuckles. Etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
No need for an apology. It was funny. Smile

Maybe you need some people closer to your age to answer that question. My joints don't pop very often, but they definitely feel creaky. I tend not to notice it unless I get stuck in one position.

(07-17-2016, 06:33 PM)NukaColaCaps Wrote: Hey guys, sorry for the confusion. I just meant popping as in, your leg pops or say popping your knuckles. Etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ooh, mega-ouch!

(07-17-2016, 06:14 PM)0rangebear Wrote: I only have joint pain in my right hand: Dupuytren's Contracture the positive airway pressure has had no effect on it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2016, 05:57 PM)NukaColaCaps Wrote: Hello all. Hope you are doing well. I was wondering, how did you guys feel before recovering with the CPAP? How long did it take to feel better? I've heard that for some it is instant and for others it's a gradual process. Also, before, did your body "pop" more often, involuntarily? Thanks Smile

I have no idea how one's body "pops" involuntarily. Dont-know
And cracking knuckles is voluntary. Smile

Anyway, in answer to your questions.........some things were instant and some not.

Before Cpap, I was a total zombie, never slept more than 2 hours a night. Had headaches and could not stay awake at work. I also wasn't nice to be around, so I'm told.

First morning, and no headache was a blessing.
Blood pressure started to come down within a week.
Not waking up every hour and a half to use restroom was great.
It's been 22 months for me, and still don't always sleep through the night because of arthritis pain, but get at least 4 to 5 hours straight and wake up just to turn over, then fall asleep again.

It's different for everyone, but you'll get there. You are lucky to be diagnosed early before untreated apnea causes you heart issues, high blood pressure, diabetes, and a host of other diseases.

I wish you luck and Welcome to Apnea Board.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 6 166 30 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 471 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 6 890 04-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 187 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 980 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 403 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,111 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.