Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I adjust pressure on Viasys BreatheX
How do I adjust pressure on Viasys BreatheX
My Viasys BreatheX machine. which I use as a secondary unit for vacations and staying away from home, needs the pressure adjusting. My hospital have adjusted the ResMed machine they supplied, but are unable to adjust my BreatheX as they did not supply it. How can I do it myself?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I adjust pressure on Viasys BreatheX
Hi Avalon!

Welcome

I'm sure someone here can help you find out the answer.

Hang in there!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if the instruction for Visays Orion work with your machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Viasys Orion CPAP: Press both the plus ( + ) button and minus ( -) button simultaneously to get into the clinician setup menu. First set the ramp pressure values, then the ramp time. After these is the altitude setting (1 - 9 where 1=1,000 feet above sea level); to find your altitude click here* . Next, set the standard pressure in increments of 0.5 cm/H20 of pressure.

* ... See the above link .... section one
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2013, 06:24 AM)zonk Wrote: Not sure if the instruction for Visays Orion work with your machine

Viasys Orion CPAP: Press both the plus ( + ) button and minus ( -) button simultaneously to get into the clinician setup menu. First set the ramp pressure values, then the ramp time. After these is the altitude setting (1 - 9 where 1=1,000 feet above sea level); to find your altitude click here* . Next, set the standard pressure in increments of 0.5 cm/H20 of pressure.

My machine is the BreatheX, not the Orion - it has no + or - buttons, simply "On/Off", "Set" and "Change". I've tried various combinations singly and together but only able to change Ramp or Alt.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi avalon.uk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you on getting your machine straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Try unplugging the machine, then plug it in while holding down the ON/OFF or SET button (or a combination of the two) simultaneously and see what happens.

Let us know if this does/doesn't work.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2013, 09:44 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Try unplugging the machine, then plug it in while holding down the ON/OFF or SET button (or a combination of the two) simultaneously and see what happens.

Let us know if this does/doesn't work.

Thinking-about

No -still no luck Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2013, 06:55 AM)avalon.uk Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 06:24 AM)zonk Wrote: Not sure if the instruction for Visays Orion work with your machine

My machine is the BreatheX, not the Orion - it has no + or - buttons, simply "On/Off", "Set" and "Change". I've tried various combinations singly and together but only able to change Ramp or Alt.

Hi avalon.uk, welcome to the forum!

Maybe you need to hold down the Set and Change buttons together for a long time, like 5 seconds?

Good luck,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2013, 12:21 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 06:55 AM)avalon.uk Wrote:

Hi avalon.uk, welcome to the forum!

Maybe you need to hold down the Set and Change buttons together for a long time, like 5 seconds?

Good luck,
--- Vaughn

Tried that too... Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Did you ever get an answer to this? I use the same secondary machine and also need to tweak my settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 290 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,639 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 65 7,069 09-09-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 601 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,378 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help me understand / adjust Aircurve10 ASV vs S9VPAP settings patrickbrem 2 371 08-08-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: patrickbrem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.