Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I clean this Philips DS water chamber tub (humidifier)?
RE: How do I clean this Philips DS water chamber tub (humidifier)?
Wow. What's in this coke stuff?
Maybe it's not good for us, drinking it straight! Smile
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
It's probably your specific water interacting with the plastic that is causing the staining. My brother had his for 2 years (busted by nursing staff) without any staining. Same stuff you get. Staining doesn't change how it works, so I'd just use it. I don't know about the metal thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Notice that I'm on the ResMed and not Respironics:

I still have my original humidifier tub and at least 2 others. All in very good to excellent shape. Original tub is about a year old. Sorry, I cannot remember specific timing. Used mostly distilled grocery water and very irregular Dawn warm water soak & air dry. At least on the original. Others just waiting on the shelf.

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Also from that Snopes item, my favorite silly claim about Coke: "In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.""

Well, yeah, of course cops don't do that.  It's the wrecker driver's job to clean up the roadway, not the cops.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with the others.

If I saw rust on mine, I'd be inclined to toss it and get a new one. My insurance covers a new chamber every few (6?) months. They're also cheap enough on Amazon. (I know you're not in the USA, so your experience may be different.)

I keep mine clean by:
- dumping and rinsing it each morning.
- filling the bottom of it with vinegar (probably 1/4 cup), topping it off with water, and then dumping it about 15 minutes later
- periodically I wash it with dish soap
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,622 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,074 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,319 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.