Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I connect the nasal pillow mask to the hose?
RE: How do I connect the nasal pillow mask to the hose?
Great authors to keep you company!
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing to keep in mind, though. When the machine is on but you are awake, you are skewing your AHI result. The AHI is determined using the events and time as the two math factors. By adding "invalid time", you are lowering your AHI result.

I thought of that a few weeks ago. I used to lay awake with my mask on in the morning, doing my "before you get up" mental and physical exercises. Now, once I know I am awake and definitely not going to fall back asleep, I turn it off.

And yes, reading or watching TV while in bed, CPAP or not, is considered bad sleep hygiene. Consider doing it sitting in a chair by the bed or somewhere else other than the bed itself.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2015, 04:15 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: One thing to keep in mind, though. When the machine is on but you are awake, you are skewing your AHI result. The AHI is determined using the events and time as the two math factors. By adding "invalid time", you are lowering your AHI result.

I thought of that a few weeks ago. I used to lay awake with my mask on in the morning, doing my "before you get up" mental and physical exercises. Now, once I know I am awake and definitely not going to fall back asleep, I turn it off.

And yes, reading or watching TV while in bed, CPAP or not, is considered bad sleep hygiene. Consider doing it sitting in a chair by the bed or somewhere else other than the bed itself.

Thank you - I am aware of that. At first I was putting it on before sleeping to get used to it. Then I continued to use put it on the minute I got into bed for the initial compliance period - wanted to be sure I got my hours in lol.

Since I got the face rash I began just using it when I was just going to be sleeping.

Last night was the first time I used the mask so I just wanted to get some time in awake to see how it felt, if it would move etc.

I'm sure as this treatment gets more routine and I settle in with the whole idea of it I won't be such a maniac over everything Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 156 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.