How do I connect the nasal pillow mask to the hose?
truetopath Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: PR system one 560p auto with a flex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resumed F10
Humidifier: PR system one
CPAP Pressure: 11
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: How do I connect the nasal pillow mask to the hose?
Great authors to keep you company!
03-02-2015 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

One thing to keep in mind, though. When the machine is on but you are awake, you are skewing your AHI result. The AHI is determined using the events and time as the two math factors. By adding "invalid time", you are lowering your AHI result.

I thought of that a few weeks ago. I used to lay awake with my mask on in the morning, doing my "before you get up" mental and physical exercises. Now, once I know I am awake and definitely not going to fall back asleep, I turn it off.

And yes, reading or watching TV while in bed, CPAP or not, is considered bad sleep hygiene. Consider doing it sitting in a chair by the bed or somewhere else other than the bed itself.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-02-2015 04:15 PM
Sparkle Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Res Med Air Sense 10 Auto Set
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed S10 37028
CPAP Pressure: 4-14

Other Comments: 3 brothers on CPAP; rescue mom to Bootsie Bella; wishes the APAP matched the decor in my bedroom :)

Sex: Female

(03-02-2015 04:15 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  One thing to keep in mind, though. When the machine is on but you are awake, you are skewing your AHI result. The AHI is determined using the events and time as the two math factors. By adding "invalid time", you are lowering your AHI result.

I thought of that a few weeks ago. I used to lay awake with my mask on in the morning, doing my "before you get up" mental and physical exercises. Now, once I know I am awake and definitely not going to fall back asleep, I turn it off.

And yes, reading or watching TV while in bed, CPAP or not, is considered bad sleep hygiene. Consider doing it sitting in a chair by the bed or somewhere else other than the bed itself.

Thank you - I am aware of that. At first I was putting it on before sleeping to get used to it. Then I continued to use put it on the minute I got into bed for the initial compliance period - wanted to be sure I got my hours in lol.

Since I got the face rash I began just using it when I was just going to be sleeping.

Last night was the first time I used the mask so I just wanted to get some time in awake to see how it felt, if it would move etc.

I'm sure as this treatment gets more routine and I settle in with the whole idea of it I won't be such a maniac over everything Smile
03-02-2015 04:36 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [CPAP] hose valve noise ArtistEd 7 212 12-05-2016 11:05 PM
Last Post: ArtistEd
  Moisture in My Wisp nasal mask Genetini 3 84 12-05-2016 10:39 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Nasal pillow life unofon 5 425 11-26-2016 03:27 PM
Last Post: unofon
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 314 11-20-2016 06:38 PM