Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I fix error in my CMS50F - Sleepyhead Data
How do I fix error in my CMS50F - Sleepyhead Data
I began using the CMS50F in March (2 or 3 days). No problem importing the data into Sleepyhead. Didn't pay significance to the "Machine Information" on the Statistics page which simply said Series CMS50 and was blank under model. I have not used it since because I was satisfied with the data reported. Last week, I decided to use the pulse ox again. When I use the Oximetry Wizard I get a screen that says:
"Scanning for compatible oximeters
Connecting to Contec CMS50F Oximeter"
then an "Information" window pops up telling me the "Oximeter name is different.. If you have one and are sharing it between profiles, set the name to the same on both profiles."
I click on OK
The wizard says it is uploading from CMS50F37. Next screen shows import completed asks when did the recording start? I enter the time and everything works fine.
Today, the calendar which is normally displayed was "collapsed", that is there is no month,day, or year in the header above the days of the week display and no numbers for the days. Right and left arrows in the header change nothing.
Nothing changes (ie. result is the same) between using CPAP session and using device clock. I can do some changes to the calendar header before import. I can use the drop down menu and select month, I can click and enter the numeric day but there is no place to click and add the year. I selected use my CPAP date and continued. It added it to two nights ago. I tried using device date and it said no CPAP data. Yet the data is there. I checked the date time on the device and it is correct.
So I am confused.
How does one "set the name to the same on both profiles"? I can find no entry point in Sleepyhead under preferences or profile.

If I use the SpO2 file saved by SpO2 Assistant (the Comtec software) I get the error message "No Oximetry module could parse the given file". What file can be used by the wizard?

What happens when you use the "automatic oximetry cleanup" under the data menu ?
I hesitate to use it because I don't know how to recover data which might be erased in the process. Does Sleepyhead save pulse ox data that it imports? The data no longer resides on the device so I don't want to lose what I have in Sleepyhead.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I fix error in my CMS50F - Sleepyhead Data
Assuming you are using Windows, all Sleepyhead data is saved in your Documents folder by default. \Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing. Making a backup of this folder will save everything.

Inside this folder is another folder called Profiles. Inside this folder are all your profiles (...thank you Mr. Obvious...). Inside the profile folder name are XML files which contain all your machine specific info. Machines.xml is one but you'll most likely find the Oximeter name in the Profile.XML file. Note not the Profile.XML that is in the Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing folder but the one inside the actual profile: Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles\ProfileName.

I don't have an Oximeter so I don't know what the XML tag would be called. It could possibly be <DefaultOxiDevice. If you search both files for the name CMS50 you can compare how they are named in the two files (or where ever the name appears).

What file can be used by the wizard? I don't know the answer to that. Sorry.
What happens when you use the "automatic oximetry cleanup" under the data menu ?
I cannot answer that either since I don't own one. But once you backed up your data, you can try it and if it gets hosed, restore the folders.

Hope that helps a little.

Alan
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are not familiar with XML files, best to open it in Wordpad since Notepad will make a mess of it. I use Notepad++ which is an excellent editor.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2015, 02:03 PM)AlanE Wrote: If you are not familiar with XML files, best to open it in Wordpad since Notepad will make a mess of it. I use Notepad++ which is an excellent editor.

AlanE, thank you for the reply. I did find the profile for machines and indeed there are two oximeter entries. I can't figure out why there are two since it has been the same machine all along. Under Profile there are two folders and within each are folders for Events and Summaries and each of these have data. Some of the data is in one and some is in the other. They are .000 and .001 file type. Not sure whether I can pick the Machine ID most recently used and move all data from the other ID and delete the entry in machine profile. I realize that I could create a new user and backup from Sleepyhead if it didn't work; however, I don't know what data is stored by sleepyhead.

Now my concern is that Sleepyhead will not read from the device and the alternative to import data from file results in the error message "No oximetry module could parse the given file".
Perhaps someone has conquered this before.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 86 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 817 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 110 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,419 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,238 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.