Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

increasing supplemental nocturnal oxygen from 2L to 3L
RE: increasing supplemental nocturnal oxygen from 2L to 3L
Understanding what you see in the graphs and charts can be daunting. It is really ok not to know all. Some stuff is worth having a working knowledge of.

Variations in flow, minute volume, and pressures throughout the night are all generally to be expected. In some sleep stages, your breathing varies more and either speeds up or slows down. A certain amount of this is A OK. When your sleep states are interrupted, it really affects how rested you feel.

So, I am trying to remember some of your other posts, about how you feel. Not so much your AHI scores, but in terms of concentration, restedness, alertness, anxiety, etc. Please let us know how that is. Is it getting noticeably better?

If you are making progress in these terms, you may just want to claim that and do a little happy dance.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
quiescence, i'm grateful for your concern. my nights have mostly always been restful and i wake up alert and ready to face the day, usually w/only one wake-up during the night, after about 5 hrs of sound sleep. a year ago, during my initial therapy, my ahi had reached 8.1, and i had begun to think that a 5 or lower was not out of reach. in the interim, however, the machine numbers suddenly climbed into the upper 20's, despite another sleep study, changes in pressure, consistent 0 leaks. and increased oxygen. i suspected the s9 itself had gotten ill, especially after the doctor agreed. so i asked for, and received, a new machine.

this morning, after only 2 nights with the new s9, the readings have already dropped dramatically -- nowhere near where they should be, but a great improvement. ahi was 14.9 today, close to the 12.3 i had last october.

the only problem i'm having w/the new machine is that it is considerably noisier than the first one, presenting a regular, constant sound like the cry of a kitten with each intake, not terribly loud, but quite annoying. has anyone else experienced weird noises in an s9? my daughter suggested i get some ear plugs, which i may b e forced to do, as i'm not eager to go through another machine swap unless this one too malfunctions.

doing my happy dance, yes. thanks for your interest and involvement.
Post Reply Post Reply
i will reboot, but last night my readings were ai 0, ahi 0, mv 6.7, leaks 12. astonishing, if not miraculous, esp w/a geezer like me, who has been fighting ahi's in the upper 20's for past 6 weeks or so. i'll try again tonight, but already have a call in to set an appt w/supplier for calibration and/or another swap. anybody else ever get to zero? thanks, as always for any input; i'm not a picky person, but for whatever reason, i can't seem to get the apnea problems to settle down to some sort of regular pattern. i certainly won't quarrel w/ 0, just suspicious.
Post Reply Post Reply
snapshots are good, too. we might be able to confirm, by looking at them, that we believe in (or don't) the accuracy of the 0.0 you are getting.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 679 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 527 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,063 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.