Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I get mouse pointer back in SH?
How do I get mouse pointer back in SH?
My mouse pointer (roller ball pointer) will no longer show in SleepyHead's main/first-opening or in Daily display page.  This loss happened  some time after beginning to use, again, a second monitor (in Windows 10). 

I can no longer see the SH version at the top of the screen where it regularly appeared.

The pointer is present and normal in Word, Excel, on Desktop, in email, etc.

I don't think the Tab key works. But if I drag the pointer from the other monitor along a horizontal line that passes through SH buttons, they do highlight as when the mouse hovers over them normally. The uppermost opening menu bar shows that hovering effect but clicking them is to no effect. Below that first bar, the next menu bar (with Daily on) it and the SD card on Oximetry buttons are active and effective when clicked.

Clicking on the Oximetry button (in first-opening screen) brings up a dialogue box where the cursor does appear and it works as in the other dialogue boxes I go through to retrieve the downloaded SpO2 file from a hard drive for the corresponding sleep session. (I gave up after losing the feature somehow that once worked well to bring in my Contec CMS50I SpO2 data directly from the wrist device.)

On Daily page nothing will activate except the vertical green cursor line moves as I swipe/drag across the screen. (I don't have a touch active monitor).

If I have to reinstall SH will it affect my data files and are there posts a dummy can understand telling which version of SH to install and how to get back running normal again? 

I have a 64bit laptop. 

Suggestions and directions would be appreciated.

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I get mouse pointer back in SH?
Let's see if I understand.  
  1. You have a laptop using multiple monitors.  
  2. When both monitors are connected, you loose the mouse pointer while using SleepyHead.  
  3. This doesn't happen when you use MS Office products.

Does SleepyHead perform and display correctly when you revert back to a single monitor?  

MS Office products aren't as graphic intensive as SleepyHead is with all its charts.  It's quite possible that you have run out of video memory and, being a graphic too, you lose the mouse pointer.

Generally it requires about 1Gb of video memory per monitor. This is the memory for the processor on the graphic card and not the computer's memory.  I haven't seen a laptop with a graphic processor large enough to be capable of displaying intensive graphic images on dual monitors. My previous statement doesn't mean there isn't one, it means that I haven't seen one.  Please provide your make and model.  

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you haven't done the obvious, shut everything down, leave it all off a few minutes, then start it all back up.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I too am a member of the "Re-booting solves 90% of all computer problems" school of computer training.

Grin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, once upon a time i had a computer that went graveyard dead. a guy told me to open the case and unplug every plug and the memory. then plug it all back in.  It worked like a charm. just because something is plugged in, doesn't mean it is connected. LOL....
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Alaska1 had a related thread listed below this thread which suggested hitting F11 to get out of FULL SCREEN. Voila! It worked for me a moment ago.

Crimson, you read me correctly and your extensive suggestions were instructive, should I have monitor problems. I dismounted monitor 2 and disconnected it; the problem persisted in the SH opening WELCOME and DAILY screens. To bring closure, the computer is an ASUS K55N. Would you please delete a version of this post that I mis-posted a moment ago in Alaska1's thread.

Many thanks to all.

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get my data back RainbowFish 4 698 02-19-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Loading data back onto a ResMed ApneaLink Air makemeawake 3 3,980 10-19-2021, 05:30 PM
Last Post: samlevin
  I'm back...and looking for some new baseline help GrantT 1 607 02-19-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: GrantT
  New computer - back to building OSCAR happydreams 12 1,337 01-28-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: happydreams
  SleepyHead GUI issue - mouse cursor selection issue MyronH 4 1,247 08-20-2018, 09:01 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
  sleepyhead mouse pointer gone can't navigate menus alaska1 8 2,342 02-15-2018, 03:19 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Can you transfer computer data (Rescan or Sleepyhead) back to a SD Card? calcuttaman 6 2,129 01-26-2017, 08:33 AM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.