Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I get my Sp02 down, yes, down?
RE: How do I get my Sp02 down, yes, down?
Here are the results of Sleeprider's pressure change suggestions. Using lower pressures.
I should have gotten back sooner but my results seemed to be mixed.
Date          Hypopnea Index        CA Index        OA Index       Pressure
2/20            .84                          2.87               -0-                6.0 - 8.20 (before change)
2/21            .57                            .34               -0-                5.4 - 6.6
2/22          1.28                            .85               -0-                5.4 - 6.6
2/23          1.64                           2.08              -0-                6.0 - 6.6
2/24          1.08                           2.40              -0-                6.0 - 6.6
2/25            .87                             .99             -0-                 6.6 - 6.6
2/26            .75                             .37             -0-                 6.6 - 6.6
2/27          1.16                            1.54             .13                6.6 - 6.6
2.28            .64                              .64            -0-                 6.6 - 6.6
3/1            1.28                              .51            -0-                 6.6 - 6.6
3/2            1.02                              .79            -0-                 6.0 - 6.6
3/3              .26                              .39            -0-                 6.0 - 6.6
The lower max pressure has reduced my CAs but my Hypopneas have increased. (I think that is what the trend is showing.

http://imgur.com/a/afFC3

This is March 2 graphs.

I am thinking about going lower or at least using the EPR feature.
I am sleeping better and feeling better the next day. I think I am getting very close to my final adjustments but I want to make sure I get the settings the best I can.

Sleeprider, What are your thoughts?
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad to see things are working out for you.  I'm sure this makes everything easier.  Your decision making is sound, and at these pressures I think there is some natural variation in events from night to night and with pressure in this tight range, it's hard to know if there is any correlation  to pressure.   The main thing is that you're succeeding and getting better rest.  In recent nights my own AHI has been going up to 1.8 or so, which is kind of unusual.  My timeline for trends before making changes now is months, not days.  If this trend continues, I might look at making changes.  On the other hand, maybe it's because I have stopped eating carbs and drinking beer to peel of some pounds. Dont-know

Nothing wrong with making changes to get better, but as you can see, it takes time to see a meaningful trend when you approach your low AHI.  You have the added difficulty of dealing with mild complex apnea with a CPAP machine not ideally suited to that purpose.  Safe to say that lower pressure has been your friend.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good questions and good answers. Thanks to all, Chicken dinner on me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Rcgop, one question. When you use a pressure range, does the machine go up and down, or stay pegged at the upper limit?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider
Yes. Wide open (4-16) my 90% was 8 cm. As I narrowed the range, (6-10), the 90% stayed the same at 8 cm. Pressure changes fluctuated between both limits. I think my first graph in this thread shows the reaction. If I lower the min pressure, the machine will go below 

Is this what you were asking?
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly, thanks. For most people that intentionally lower pressure, the APAP will continue to hit the highest pressure anyway, making it essentially fixed pressure. For complex apnea, you have to get below that pressure the APAP will try to impose due to the hypopnea. So a pressure range, becomes moot.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 104 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  What is the best way to record SP02 for OSCAR Ghandi 2 446 09-08-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Ghandi
  [CPAP] Initial Sleep onset CA's associated with lower Sp02 ducksinerr 1 535 07-23-2022, 07:34 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Lower altitidue & improved Sp02 readings MCS2014 4 775 01-17-2022, 10:27 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Oximiter Sp02 Check Phil7 5 828 10-20-2021, 08:06 AM
Last Post: MoreBeers
  concern about SP02 levels Snowy2020 24 2,433 10-12-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: kbauhs
  SP02 levels and sleep apnea, pressure etc. revbkelly 10 1,425 07-21-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.