Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR crashing?
OSCAR crashing?
I am on a MacBook  macOS 12.6.1, OSCAR 1.4.0 for Mac.

I have one profile set for my DreamStation.

I now use a ResMed AirSense.  I have been loading my AirSense data into OSCAR, and since I only have one profile, the new info has been appended to the end of the old.  That isn't really a problem for me, I only need to look back 12 months every September and I've had the AirSense long enough now that there isn't any overlap.

I was trying to create a new profile today, and load some old DreamStation data into it, this was going to be archived data.

It's possible that I'm not properly understanding how the profiles are supposed to work and how they should be used.

I clicked on "New Profile", then went through the process.  I did use the same user name and when I eventually reached "Finish", OSCAR crashed.

While I was typing this, I went back in and made up a different user name and it completed successfully.

So, I do need to create a different user name.  But just a note:  OSCAR will crash if I use the same name.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR crashing?
Yep, the profile name is used as a folder name, so they must be different.

I'll make a note in our Issue tracker to check for an existing name when creating a new profile.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR crashing during import for resvent ibreeze bubbagump 17 1,765 10-24-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: bubbagump
  [split] OSCAR crashing on Mac M1 Geynshlofn 2 654 03-05-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Geynshlofn
Exclaimation OSCAR appears crashing on start B1Sailor 12 1,010 09-25-2022, 09:46 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  OSCAR crashing on change to or from OVERVIEW tab [solved - see posts 2&3] BruQu 4 697 06-26-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pc crashing since Oscar installed Made 2 611 03-14-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: ElusiveRisk
  Oscar crashing when importong from oxymeter J Francois 10 1,108 02-28-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  O2 Ring Insight Pro is crashing - macOS Big Sur GeorgeAn 10 1,696 11-24-2021, 02:14 AM
Last Post: MCS2014

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.