Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I import CSV data to OSCAR from a .CSV file??
How do I import CSV data to OSCAR from a .CSV file??
The "Smart Device Manager" for my CMS-50F has failed, and I thought had lost recent days of data because the OSCAR import function brought in nothing at all (and no error messages or warnings!)

But I opened the Smart Device Manager (sort of like an OSCAR just for the CMS-50F files), and saw that only saw a couple of hours in that same SpO2 file I sent to OSCAR.

But then I fished around, and found that the Smart Devive Manager brings files from the watch as .CSV files, and keeps them in a separate folder -- so my data IS all there, and it looks good!

So.... how do I import .CSV oximeter files to OSCAR?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I import CSV data to OSCAR from a .CSV file??
You can't currently, is my understanding - OSCAR uses the SpO2 files that the application generates, not the CSV. Can you not open the CSV in the Contec software and save it as a SpO2 file?
Post Reply Post Reply
From the OSCAR Wiki - Supported Oximeters (https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._Oximeters)

Quote:The software's default SpO2 data storage folder in Windows 10 is C:\users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant v3.1.0\Data.   Copy CMS50F SpO2 data files from the default Smart Device Data folder to a new root directory folder named C:\SpO2_Data. Oscar will import the SpO2 data files directly from the C:\SpO2_Data folder. You must first have Oscar import your machine's sleep data file from your SD Card prior to importing the corresponding SpO2 data file from the same time frame.

Is your SpO2 data folder not at this location?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No.

I've been successfully importing data into OSCAR from my CMS-50F for a few months, so I'm very familiar with the process (thanks to Apnea Board!), but apparently, the .spO2 file the software creates is defective.  As explained in my original post, even when I open the software for that device and open the latest file, it's almost completely empty, and I assumed that the watch or the transfer process had failed and all of the data was lost.

But then I went exploring in the other folders for that software and found my data in .CSV files, and as you see from the image it looks good.

.CSV is the most basic and common file format for data there is, so it would be very odd for OSCAR to not support it.

I guess if there were a way to turn .SCV files into .spO2 files would be a work-around, but I would think OSCAR would support basic file import.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based off your statements, your problem may be a software version problem. What version of Smart Device Assistant are you using? Did you update the version? If so, a stray older file could be causing your difficulties. You may need to uninstall the app, reboot, and perform a fresh installation. If all else fails, I have Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1. This version has been used by many here without problems.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2022, 12:54 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Based off your statements, your problem may be a software version problem.  What version of Smart Device Assistant are you using?   Did you update the version?  If so, a stray older file could be causing your difficulties.  You may need to uninstall the app, reboot, and perform a fresh installation.   If all else fails, I have Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1.  This version has been used by many here without problems.
- Red

I'm using Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1, and the software just confirmed it is current.  I have never had another version on my computer.

A little more detail:
I had a weird night, I slept 3 hours, woke up to wide awake and did other things for 3 hours, then 3 more hours of sleep.  So the import shows that it imported several files, and asked to merge them, and I answered YES and it saved to a "merged" .spO2 file.  I've done it this way many times before.   

BTW, if you say "no" to allowing it to merge your files, it doesn't not create an spO2 file at all, and you lose all of your data.   It is terrible, terrible software.   And of course there is the loud beeping the whole time because the "finger tip sensor not plugged in", which would be impossible to do because there is only 1 port and it is the only way to connect to a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
The sound - Under Options, should be, Pause Alarm Sound. Can you change the location of your data directory? If so, create a directory directly off of your C:\ drive. If it has been working and all of a sudden it doesn't, then it may be a new "system" rule. I've heard of this before with Win10. That's why I only have one Windows system, and it is Win7.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2022, 01:08 PM)Apnealicious Wrote: And of course there is the loud beeping the whole time because the "finger tip sensor not plugged in", which would be impossible to do because there is only 1 port and it is the only way to connect to a computer.

There should be a setting in the software to turn off that beep.  While your unit is connected to your computer and you are running the app, look under "Options".  

I have the older version of the CMS50F and it has settings in the oximeter itself to turn off the alarms and such too. You may have similar settings in your version.

The app is designed for a few different versions of oximeters.  One of the other versions will let you do a "Live" recording, but not the CMS50F.

They must have made some upgrades to the app and the newer oximeter.  I still use the older SpO2 Assistant and an older CMS50F and I don't recall having the option to merge two different SpO2 files.  That would come in handy....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2022, 01:26 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The sound - Under Options, should be, Pause Alarm Sound.  Can you change the location of your data directory?  If so, create a directory directly off of your C:\ drive.   If it has been working and all of a sudden it doesn't, then it may be a new "system" rule.   I've heard of this before with Win10.   That's why I only have one Windows system, and it is Win7.

I have done the "pause alarm", but it's useless because it doesn't save the option.  There is no point in setting it because I can download the device data and shut down the program in the time it takes to pause the alarm.   Such a terrible, terrible design.

It did create an spO2 file and it's 600k, so it's not a folder issue, and both programs find and recognize the file.  It's just that neither OSCAR or Smart Device Assistant sees any data in it.

It all worked today with last night's data, so definitely not a Windows issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW, I also have 2 other oximeters ($20 models) that record O2+pulse data via Bluetooth to my smartphone, and create a similar CSV file, so find out how to get CSV files in OSCAR with make those devices more useful as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 140 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 221 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.