Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Been about a week with the AirSense 10 for Her
Been about a week with the AirSense 10 for Her
[attachment=2970]

The minimum pressure is now 8 and the max pressure is now 10.

I noticed this morning that I needed to increase the humidity, as my mouth is rather dry. Could just be Ohio is getting dryier; could be the higher pressure.
And yes, I mouth breathe, hence the full face mask.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Been about a week with the AirSense 10 for Her
I don't recall your history of pressure changes, but obviously, you are effectively at 10 cm fixed CPAP. Looks like it needs to be a bit higher considering the FL and OA. If you're fighting aerophagia or other pressure related problems, go for the comfort. Events are a bit clustered, so could be sleep stage or positional.

Leaks look okay. What settings are you using for humidity and heated hose? As the outside temperature drops, we add heat to our homes, and the relative humidity drops. It will get drier inside before we see warm weather again.

On your charts, if you go to file/preferences/appearance, and uncheck "Show Event Breakdown Pie Chart", some of the settings and more meaningful information will be displayed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was originally on a CPAP brick at a pressure of 7. I have slowly increased it, rather than jumping to the higher pressure, to allow myself to acclimate gradually. This seems to have worked for me.

I was at 2 on the humidity; I've upped it to 3 for tonight to see how that works. I haven't tried the ClimateLine hose yet, since I was OK with the unheated hose so far.

What does Flow Limit (FL) tell you?

Post Reply Post Reply
How are you feeling with the changes? Better? Your results from this night look okay to me, but your machine hit the maximum pressure and stayed there. Based on the chart, I think the flow limitations are what caused the pressure to rise and stay there. If the pressure at 8/10 is not bothering you, you can try a little more. The flow limits are an indication of not getting a good full inhale, and suggest some airway restriction continues. The flow limitation correlates with the clusters of OA, and a slightly higher pressure, or less EPR might avoid those.

Remember, with EPR you have a bilevel. In bilevel titration the EPAP is used to control OA, and IPAP is used to limit hypopnea, RERA and FL. So 8.0 cm is okay, but not optimal for stopping your obstructive events. If you like EPR, and are comfortable at this pressure, i would just raise max pressure by 1.0 and see where that takes you.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2970]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't really noted feeling much differently, though I was hoping. I'd used the fixed pressure since August 11, before getting the AirSense for Her.
It may be that some of the other health conditions are making it difficult to discern any change.

I'll nudge the top pressure up a bit more and see if the AHI can get any better.

I wish I could still have lots of caffeine - before being diagnosed initially (about 1993) , I could drink a 2 liter diet Coke during the day, still fall asleep, and have no issue with visual migraines. Now, more than a few ounces, and I can go partially to completely blind for up to an hour. I miss the caffeine kick.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 487 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 203 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 223 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.