Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I prevent rainout for 48 hours after washing Cpap tube
How do I prevent rainout for 48 hours after washing Cpap tube
Whenever I wash my Cpap tube, I get rainout that wakes me up for two days before it seems to stop. Does this happen to anyone else? How do I prevent this from happening?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I prevent rainout for 48 hours after washing Cpap tube
I use a trick I found on here. After you wash your tube, hook it back up and turn the xPAP on to let it blow out the majority of the water. I then hang it over the shower head and it is always dried out for use that night. Went through a few nights of rainouts before finding out the tip.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I rotate two hoses. They are not expensive, and I just find one can be washed and set aside for a week or more, and when it's time to clean the second unit, there is a dry replacement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm fortunate that our master bathroom has a heat vent behind the door to the water closet. There is a towel bar right above it. I hang my tube and mask parts on the bar and close the door enough to enclose the heat vent behind it. In the summer I usually hang it on our patio in a shady spot.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Cranberry Ray stated you can use your machine to blow it dry. Make sure you run it on mask fit so you are not recording hours and data.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Great tip. Thanks very much!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2017, 02:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I rotate two hoses. They are not expensive, and I just find one can be washed and set aside for a week or more, and when it's time to clean the second unit, there is a dry replacement.

Thanks very much, I thought about this. I really should do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much. Very good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use The Hurricane Dryer to dry my mask, tube and humidifier tank.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with Sleeprider. I have two hoses and rotate on a weekly basis.
On a couple of occasions due to rapid overnite changes in Humidity and Temperature, I experienced Rainout. So, I got a cover for the tube. Seems to work fine.
I also experienced Rainout if I did not keep the water level in my Humidifier up over the 2/3 full mark.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 236 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 185 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 207 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 426 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 429 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 933 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 184 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.