Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I sleep in bed?
How do I sleep in bed?
Is there any way to find out how I am laying in bed when I´m sleeping?
I have found that when I start sleeping on my back, I have high levels in the AHI diagram. When I start sleeping on side, I have nothing but a straight line.
Later in the night, I can read out some high levels but I don´t know if I have turned on my back.
Is there some equipment I can use to the CPAP system?

Otherwise I have to use my Iphone with its snore monitor.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I sleep in bed?
The only way I know besides some of the iPhone apps (do they have an actigraphy app?) is to check out the Fitbit or the WakeMate.
Google actigraphy and you will get some good hits. Good luck, SEVET, keep us posted, please, if you find what you're looking to accomplish. I'm sure others will be interested.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing I know of is setting up some infrared light sources and running time lapse photography with a web cam or time lapse capable digital camera (pricey) like a Nikon DSLR or such.
(you need a camera the can time stamp each photo so you know when the event is happening if you want to compare with your CPAP data. )
That way you can see your data showing bad things happening and then you can go to your photoshoot run and go: "Oh! I was on my stomach/back/left side, etc."

There is a wealth of information on this sort of thing using Google.

This could be a fun project!
Good luck!
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Goto [link removed] and look at their camera named airsight wireless ip camera This may fit the bill as it can operate under low light conditions. The camera can be set up to send pictures with a time stamp when motion is detected. The time stamp would enable you to calculate approximate times in relative sleep positions. X10 also has a software program called "multiview". It will record an image at preset intervals from multiple cameras. I have used X10 cameras and multiview for recording rest periods of dairy cattle, worked very well for my application! Smile

When wanting to send someone to a commercial site, just tell them to Google it. In this case, you would have said "Google x10 and go to their website". - Moderator
-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
How about a low tech solution? Put a tennis ball in a sock, pin it to the back of your nightshirt. If you roll on your back it will wake you. This will give you info about whether or not you rolled over. You can look at your data then with that in mind,will see what your AHI looks like when only on your side. Just a thought.

Merry Christmas!
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I slept with my Activa LT and I got AHI 1.08.
I also slept with my Iphone attached to my chest.
On my Iphone I can read my sleeping position, on side or on my back.
I found that my apnea registration is not bound to a special position in bed.

If someone is interested in this app, you can contact me.
Tha app is showing the snore amplitude, chest moving and bedposition and of course the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2012, 03:32 PM)SEVET Wrote: On my Iphone I can read my sleeping position, on side or on my back.
I found that my apnea registration is not bound to a special position in bed.
If someone is interested in this app, you can contact me.
Tha app is showing the snore amplitude, chest moving and bedposition and of course the time.

This is very interesting. Is this app available somewhere? Is there a version for other smartphones? Or are there other similar apps out there?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can give the name of the app, just not a link to it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,
You can look for
Snore Monitor Sleep Lab
It is a Swedish development for Iphone App
Cost $ 1.99

Best Regards
Eve
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...for-Iphone
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,359 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,199 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.