Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel machine suggestions
Travel machine suggestions
I am glad to have found this forum. Great information! Been on the hose for 6 weeks and have easily adjusted. I am looking for a travel size machine and am interested in any and all suggestions. I have an auto pap but use it in the cpap mode. And will soon try it without the humidifier. Hope that is a success. It will lighten the load.
Thanks for all of the help.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel machine suggestions
Google the Somnetics Transcend. It's an itty bitty machine.

But then, isn't the Icon a small one, too?

Why do you use an AutoPAP in 'straight' mode? You paid for the bells and whistles, use 'em! Bigwink

Along with the machine, you should invest in a short extension cord. Hotels (at least those in the US) are getting stingy on the room outlets. It's the first thing we look for now when I check in somewhere. We also check to make sure it works if the light switch is off. Usually, I just unplug the clock and put my CPAP there.

If you use a machine with a humidifier while traveling, you can use the tap water or bottled water. No need to lug a gallon jug of distilled with you. As long as the water is safe to drink and not horribly high in minerals it's fine.

When traveling, I don't use the tap water if it smells like bleach. I have spring water at home and am not used to 'city' water and can't stand the smell. Actually, I may just take the CPAP part of my machine and leave the humidifier behind. I can use that pocket in the bag for other things.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response. I am following
Drs orders until I have my first visit since starting cpap. This will establish a good baseline. Then I will let the tweaking begin. I loved the size/features of the Somnetics and am looking forward to getting my hands on one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I use a Respironics M-Series as my travel machine. I use a Fastpack 250 as my CPAP bag. The CPAP+Humidifier fits well in the bottom compartment and the rest of my stuff goes in the top compartment. And, I have a flat battery that in the laptop area (though thinking of upgrading to a bigger cpap battery someday...)

And, now that I'm using an AutoCAP, I opted to buy an M-Series Auto (From #2) to swap into things...rather than trying to figure out how to travel with something else.

The Dreamer
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's an interesting bag!

Someday, if you ever get around to it, I'd like to see pics of your set up.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 614 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,443 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,820 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  2 weeks in. Any suggestions? brainfoggysleeper 3 156 03-07-2024, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 226 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 295 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,187 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.