Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I take a screen shot and post it?
How do I take a screen shot and post it?
I have Windows10 using the Edge browser.  I  use the ResScan program.

How in the world do I take a screen shot and then post it via this forum??

Many thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I take a screen shot and post it?
We suggest using OSCAR to view usage data that is uploaded from an SD card that contains your CPAP sleep data. The OSCAR charts should be organized in standard format as suggested in my signature link. Within OSCAR, use F12 to get a screenshot. Windows will save it in whichever file your PC saves screenshots. Then here on AB, you add the screenshot to a post as an attachment.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Currently OSCAR saves the F12 screen shot in "screenshots" under your OSCAR_Data folder, wherever you've put that.

The next version will ask you where to save the screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan doesn't have a screenshot facility like OSCAR.  There are a couple of ways to generate an image for uploading:
  1. You can use your computer's PrintScreen button to create an image of the detailed graphs. Paste this into a suitable imaging program (eg MS Paint) and save it as a jpg or png, which you can upload.
  2. Use ResScan's Report button to create a PDF report. Use the Customise button to select which statistics and graphs you include in the report. Generally we want to see Event flags, Waveform, Pressure (NOT mask pressure), Leaks, Snore and Flow limitations.
For instructions on uploading the file to the forum see this link.
Post Reply Post Reply
Windows 10 also has the "Snipping Tool" which can take a screen shot of ResScan.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello.  I'm trying to get adjusted to my new Dreamstation Auto and I'm seeing pretty wide fluxuations in my AHI.  From a low of 1.31 to a high of 6.45.  Mask leakage doesn't see to be an issue, and I've got the machine set to Auto, No Flex, 12cm min, 20 max.

I've been trying to learn how to set up Oscar so that I can upload some screen shots, and I think I'm ready, but where is the best place?  Here in the Software Support area or the Main section.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
mrmagloo - If you are looking for assistance with installing and/or using OSCAR, then the Software Forum is the place to post. However, if your goal is to obtain advice for optimizing your CPAP settings based off of OSCAR's data, then the Main Forum is the place to go.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect - Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, one more question.  I'm trying to edit the Profile Name that shows up in the banner of the app.  I went to Edit Profile, but it will not allow this for some strange reason?  What's the trick, so I don't have to open every screenshot and edit before posting?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Editing the profile name - there's an easy way and a hard way.

A.  Use the Windows Snip tool (or equivalent in other systems) to select the part of the image that excludes the profile name. Then you don't need to do anything else, but you might get a sub-optimal screen shot.
B.  Get into the Oscar data configuration and change the profile and user name. This is a little bit tricky to explain, but not so hard to do.

Let's say your existing profile is called Bill and your new one is to be called Joe. You need to change the name in three locations: The profile.xml file in the Oscar data folder, Bill's profile folder and the Profile.xml file in Bill's profile folder.

1. First, find your Oscar data (go to Help | About Oscar | Show Data Folder. Then close Oscar.

2. Open the folder Profiles and identify the folder you want to rename - let's call it Bill. Make a copy of the Bill folder and put it somewhere safe in case this all turns to mud.

3. Rename the folder Bill to be Joe

4. Open folder Joe and identify a file called Profile.xml.

1. Open this file in a text editor like Notepad.

2. Do a search & replace so that all occurrences of Bill are replaced by Joe

3. Save the file.  

5. Go back to the data folder (one level above the Profiles folder)
  6. Identify and open the file profiles.xml.
  7. Identify the line <profile name="Bill" path="{home}/Profiles/Bill/Profile.xml"/> and change it to <profile name="Joe" path="{home}/Profiles/Joe/Profile.xml"/>
  8. Save the file

Now when you open Oscar, all occurrences of Bill should be gone, with Joe in their place.

There may be an easier way of doing this, and I'm sure somebody will let mus know if there is.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 367 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,493 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 732 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,598 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,465 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR 1.4.0 not loading [solved, see post #2] clayesq 1 580 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: clayesq
  Oscar Not Loading My Profile [solved, see post #10] mawaw1992 10 1,249 08-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.