Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I verify the data shown?
How do I verify the data shown?
Hello

I am a new user to CPAP and am wondering if the data shown in OSCAR is accurate?  I have looked at several software programs to see that the data listed is widely different.  I have used OSCAR, SleepHQ and Resmed 7.0 .  My doctor says that I am not qualified to interpreter the data. 

So what can I do?

Thank you for any help

BP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I verify the data shown?
My personal opinion

You are the Master of you device, you owen the date in the SD card of the device.

There is no absolute accurate date, for doctor date is just date.

Good or Bad is depend on what you feel in the daytime after use cpap.

wish you goog health
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest posting a typical night OSCAR chart here and seek the experts' opinion. Why do you think the machine is not reporting correctly. The programs you mention are not identical, so results likely would be different.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2022, 07:34 PM)BPgotproblems Wrote: I am a new user to CPAP and am wondering if the data shown in OSCAR is accurate?  I have looked at several software programs to see that the data listed is widely different.  I have used OSCAR, SleepHQ and Resmed 7.0 . 

What do you mean by Resmed 7.0? I don't keep up with this stuff but if ResScan is available for your machine, that would give you accurate data. myAir will do the same. You should be able to compare to OSCAR and see that it's accurate also.

Quote:My doctor says that I am not qualified to interpreter the data. 

So what can I do?

You need a new doctor.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your doctor is correct that you and everyone else on this forum are not legally qualified to interpret this data.

On accuracy, ResScan (ResMeds software) and OSCAR only report the data that is recorded on the SD card. I strongly suspect that SleepHQ is the same.

For decades doctors have encouraged their patients not to touch their therapy.

This is why Apnea Board is here, users helping users to both understand and to improve their therapy.

You start by posting your daily charts so we can see what is going on. Inevitably some of the data is bad and by examining the data we see indications that show us that. We will tell you what we see and why. If we don't, just ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for all of your comments.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 477 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Minimum pressures shown in Oscar v 1.3.0 nadprok 9 1,182 01-10-2022, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,280 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Number of AHI shown in report boomerang 1 1,026 01-14-2019, 01:33 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.