Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do i set these values on Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST
How do i set these values on Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST
These are the values i need to adjust (default values provided, read the clinician's manual but it's beyond me):

iBR: Off (default)
Backup Rate: 12
Ti Max: 2.0s
Ti Min: 0.3s
Rise Time: Min
Trigger: Med
Cycle: Med

Diagnosis is OSA.

Settings prescribed are IPAP/EPAP 12/6 and "to use backup rate" with no value specified.

Attached are stats from my old bipap ASV in 2020 which should help in setting above values but again this is beyond me. Old settings were:

EPAP Min: 4.0
EPAP Max: 6.5
IPAP Min: 12.5
IPAP Max: 16.0
PS Min: 8.5
PS Max: 9.5
Biflex x1
Ramp Pressure: 4.00
Ramp Time: 0.00 minutes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting no help from the hospital. How do i set these values on the machine?
Push down on home button and dial knob for 5 sec it will open clinician menu then go to settings>mode change it to 'st'
Then go down to see ipap and epap change according to prescription

But I have a question of my own did they prescribed you a advanced bilevel machine just for osa or do you have other problems too?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting no help from the hospital. How do i set these values on the machine?
i'm sorry i guess i wasn't clear. i know how to change these values- just not what to set them as (apart from the ipap/epap values that were provided).

and to answer your other question yes and i can't exhale easily with higher pressures on a cpap so bi level was needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
We generally question if the user needs the 'ramp' feature.  It isn't real therapy, and you may fall asleep while it's still running per the internal timer. 

A low setting of 4.0 is pretty much universally too low to be comfortable or to provide meaningful support.  We suggest people trial, and hopefully accept, a minimum of 5, and some need considerably more...it depends on the individual.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm more in favor of trying with Ramp off, or with a min of 7
Post Reply Post Reply
hooked up my old machine and can't seem to find a ramp setting. i'm guessing it's something i've never used but sleepyhead still likes to report it as ramp: 4.00 and ramp time: 0. definitely tried it on cpap before but recall being comfortable with it off.

any idea on the settings for the present machine though? i've been trying to piece together whatever i can find on google on Ti Min & Max, Cycle and Trigger but this stuff is confusing AF. made worse because the few who do try to explain it are not respiratory therapists and seem to contradict each other.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do i set these values on Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST
I changed the title of this thread to better reflect the machine you're using assuming it's correctly listed in your profile???

Note: I'm not a RT, but you state above the doctor prescribed this:
"Settings prescribed are IPAP/EPAP 12/6 and (to use backup rate) with no value specified."

So once in the Clinicans menu, set IPAP/EPAP as Doctor suggested.
The default backup rate is 12(not sure). Or according to the clinicians menu, turn on the iBR setting instead of setting a definite backup rate.

Since you have no other information from your doctor, use the default settings listed.
When you have a day or two of data, post it here.

Default settings from manual:
iBR: Off (default)
Backup Rate: 12
Ti Max: 2.0s
Ti Min: 0.3s
Rise Time: Min
Trigger: Med
Cycle: Med

This is the best I can give you to start out, hopefully someone else will be able to offer more help.

Also, turn off ramp.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do i set these values on Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST
Thanks @OpalRose yes that's the correct machine.

Will follow your advice and post how it goes here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy using Lumis 150 ST StuartC 136 7,317 03-19-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 137 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 313 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 626 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.